vRS 4x4 advice

Hello.

I'm after a bit of advice from the folks here in the Mk3 section.  

I've been thinking of getting a Mk3 4x4 vRS as my daily car.  I currently have a Stage 2 Mk1 vRS and a diesel van as my daily transport but need to slim down the fleet as I also have two other cars.  I've always liked the look of the diesel 4x4 vRS in estate form but know very little about them.  

Apart from being relatively rare and only having the DSG gearbox, does anyone on here have advice on what to look out for, what they're like to live with and if I should consider something else?  I've looked at the Superb 280 estates but they seem to be out of my price range.  

Just to add a bit of context I have three children and a 40kg dog to transport.  The eldest child has her own car now and we rarely have all six of us in one vehicle, but it is something that might happen three or four times a year.  I bought the van when the kids were a few years younger as we used to go on holiday with all our stuff & the dog but again, that probably won't be an issue now.

I have up to £17k to spend if I sell the van so any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew.

PXL_20221024_104708497.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Edited by skinnyman