Mobil 1 = 506.01 Diesel Long Life Oil?

I've been having trouble getting hold of 506.01 oil for my Superb, so I went to a Skoda dealer to get some there. They returned with Mobil1, advising that this is what would be used if the car came in for a service.

Is that right? Couldn't find any reference to 506.01 on the back of the container? Think it is 5W 30.

Just found this on the Mobil1 site:

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30,10W-30, and 15W-50 are advanced performance synthetic engine oils designed to provide protection and performance at extended oil change intervals of up to 15,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first

source

With typical first services being at 19,000miles, is this the right oil to use???

I have used a Castrol 0W-30 oil up to now, which has 506 01 rating. I cant remember the name, but it was in a silver carton. This has now been replaced by Castrol Edge, (of which there are several variants) and the 5W-40 is recommended according to their guide book. It has a 507 00 rating but doesnt refer to 506 01 on the carton.

Is 507 00 a higher rating/equivalent of the 506 01?

may i suggest use a genuine filter when u change the oil because some of these modern engine that use this thin longlife oil dont like 3rd party filters(brother in law used coopers filter in his beemer engine and the chain tensioner started to rattle through lack of oil pressure,replaced it with BM filter and it went away.

genuine filters dont cost that much extra anyway and u can find them on ebay aswell, there is more choise under VW.

simon r

superb 1.9TDI PD130