new superb elegance big problem

bought elegance 140 bhp demonstrator , particle filter warning came on after a few days ............took in sorted ............three weeks later same again , asked to change it ............no prob. tried same model .one week later same trouble.....

apparently if you only do short journeys you are likley to get this problem ..the garage we bought it from have been very good but its looking like we are going for the refund option..........sad as we really like it :(

This is apparently a common problem on Renault DCI engines.

If you do lots of short low speed journeys the particle filter doesn't get hot enough to burn off the deposits and the warning light comes on after a while.

A 20 or 30 mile motorway run clears things on the Renaults , but it's not something that you want to have to do very often

I saw a note from Skoda to the dealer describing this exact problem. The note supported earlier postings that a motorway run will clear the problem.

I have to wonder that the VW group have not thoroughly tested the mods for the engine to meet Euro IV emissions.

Rob

The mods will be obsolete before to long anyhow on the Superb I think. VW binned the idea on the Passat as I think they found the iron in the additive was more damaging to the enviroment than any soot particles were..lol.

Plus the 80k service aint gonna be cheap..lol