Can you modify a Superb??

20VLIL

Well in theory I'm picking up a Superb 2.5TDI Comfort in the next week or so.

My main reason for buying is that I've had all the other Skodas...except the Felicia...plus its going to be my work horse and occassional family wagon.

I know the Superb was really aimed at being a company car or executive car, but has anyone modded their superb and if so what???...I really am curious....It seems so much easier to mod Fabias and Octys but I see little if anything about Superbs.....PLEASE!..let me know

I have a 2.5 TDi, and have banged on a few bits so far: -

Green Panel Airfilter

Tints

Custom Code Re-map - Not had it rolling road'd yet but James at JBS reckons the car is probably pushing between 200 and 210 bhp. A worthy mod. :D

18" New RS4 Style rims are fitted this Saturday

Also got a quote for a Custom Exhaust from Pipewerx and was VERY impressed with the price, so this will be sorted in the next few weeks, instead of months like I was expecting.

Out of the Superb range, I;d have to say the 1.9 PD130 is probably the most tunable of all the engines, but the 2.5 can be done as well.

You wont regret it. Your Bank Manager will...... :thumbup:

Nice one...thanks mate.....piccies would be good once you've got your wheels on of course. :thumbup:

Incidentally..where supplies all these mods??

Depends really

Filters. The filters can be bought from almost any tuner' date=' and its a direct replacement to the standard air filter. You have Green, K & N and Pipercross do a panel for the 2.5. If you want one, you could post in one of the Briskoda partners like Awesome.

Remaps. Not that many for the 2.5 TDi engine. The 2 remappers I looked at were [url']www.chipboost.com[/url] and www.custom-code.co.uk. If someone can provide info for other remappers, please post.

Wheels. I'm getting my 18"s from Wheelbase as they are in Oldham and not a million miles from me

Exhaust. Got a very good quote from Pipewerx (www.pipewerx.com). They have done some work on Shifty's MkII vRS and it looked very impressive.

Above is just s list of the suppliers I have dealt with. Have nosey around the Briski partners, and post a few questions. They will be more than helpful.

Be warned, once you start modding, the bug is aweful......

Thats a nice car mate...lovely colour too....I'm getting the darker blue one...forget what its called now!:confused:

So there are a few tampered ones about after all!

This is making me want mine sooner now:rolleyes:

There isn't a get deal of mods available "off the peg" and unless your gifted at "blagging" mods like Baker, then it can be difficult to improve your superb. As stated in this thread, there are some of us who have taken on the challenge with good results. Look forward to seeing what you do and don't forget to post pics..

dscf2735large2cl.jpg

There isn't a get deal of mods available "off the peg" and unless your gifted at "blagging" mods like Baker, then it can be difficult to improve your superb.

LOL, now that's not nice, I can source bits for you buddy but your the one with the Elegence spec, not me, LOL!!!

Check out the old rims and the bra!!! Those rims will be back on soon when the weather turns for the worst but at the moment I am rolling with the 'big black beast' on 19's!!!