"st Andrews" Bad Dealership?

Well,

they resolved the whole issue by offering what amounts to a decent value for the car, NOT a decent figure considering what we were put through , remember this man lied to me on more than one occaision. However the settlement figure was enough to go, get a van and borrow some more to get it looking good. Had the fabia worked ok we would not be borrowing more money from the bank,. So I`m as happy a customer as you get with them. Just happy to get away from the place and never ever return. It wasnt the car who was telling lies nor was it the car`s fault it was never inspected by a "SKODA TECHNICIAN" So despite what I`d like Ive got to say we got a bit of a run around from St Andrews.

Now got a metallic blue vito 1999 2.2l CDTi 104ps mmmm, goes in a straight line and goes quick too. CD player, ABS ETC all the things the Skoda had but working this time, yet has 99,000 on the clock.

look at my rating of st andrews on the dealer rating thread. i dint even buy a car off them cos the sales department were lacking on their ability to sell. it seems if you don't run a fleet of taxis they judge you as you walk in the door.

apparently 22 yr olds cant afford a vrs, so no test drive, joke price for part ex and no chance to see round the car i went to see. the sales guy was dave somebody or other, born in 19 canteen and had the gaul to phone me up a week later to see if i was "interested" in the crap deal on another car he was offering me. The deler reviews on here are pretty spot on really. and yes queensborough do have some rough reviews (they dont even have a tracking machine - WTF??!!) but can recommend ingram ayr and horton lincoln. (ok so maybe lincoln might be a bit far for you)

enjoy the merc dude. glad the saga is over

If I was truly honest I`d agree, If you dont own a local taxi firm. DO NOT GO TO ST ANDREWS.

Now I have cooled down a bit I can tell the story I couldnt before. My Mrs`s best friend`s little bro got killed by a speeding motorist not so long ago, yet one of the last nights whilst calling ST ANDREWS to advise we may be a couple of minutes past thier 6pm close time, to return the car for its about 9th- 10th time, They advised "OH you better hurry up we close at 6" they said this to my Mrs.:finger::mad: :eek:

I actually nearly lost control that night and drove the stupid machine right thro thier showroom window. "Oh you better hurry up ...." after all the sh** they put us thro AND to a woman who had to go the funeral of a young man she knew well thro "hurrying up on the road". This is even while thier "hold music" on thier phone advises that if your coming to buy a car we`ll even stay open late for you........whilst you wait on being put thro to the poor lads at the service desk.

At one point he even suggested that the car would only fetch

"apparently 22 yr olds cant afford a vrs, so no test drive" HHMMM well no, the problem is that insurance companies will not cover a dealer to let 22yr olds drive vRS's, not that the dealer won't or don't want to sell you one. This insurance rule also applies to the Technicians in the workshop, it's not personal, I found this out when I queried why a younger techie worked on my car but an older one test drove it, however you go from one ageist extreme to the other with "the sales guy was dave somebody or other, born in 19 canteen" statement. It also sounds as though you are a little miffed because they didn't offer you enough for your trade in. Hidden agenda? surely not!

Must have crap insurance, as i have a friend who works for a BMW dealer, and regualy drives 335 coupe's, m3's etc, only car they dont let him drive is the M5/M6

Sounds to me as if all you really wanted was a Van all along and took it out on St.Andrews because you made a mistake.[quote]

******** mate I had a van, a golf and the fabia at one point this year. We chose to keep the fabia thinking it would be the most reliable, as the van was a 52 plate transit, and the golf was a "T" plate 1999, ie getting on a bit. So er assume away my friend but your well wrong like St Andrews were...sorry the service manager was,,,,,the service desk boys are good and took alot of flak well. Thankyou, Derek, Stuart etc (Despite daft comment on the phone). Sandy tho, lied and cost me £££££`s

I`m Sorry forum owners , but its getting bitchy.....1/ I did mention I got a fair market value for the car...OK

Fact..Service manager told a pack of lies and when confronted with a proper technicians report after many many weeks complaining about the steering...something got done in a matter of days....... fact!!!

Had they listened and told the truth, showing a """"Skoda technicians""" report that Sandy said they had done. I wouldnt have had to fork out £170 for an independant inspection that proved the faults of what I was trying to get them to resolve under the warranty they sold me.

I`m sorry but my experience stands out as the worst service I ve had from almost any company, cars or otherwise....sorry its just the truth. So as for its my mistake buying a Skoda from them because all I wanted was a van is utter crap. :finger:

FATBOB, You are right I made a mistake. I should have sold the skoda. it turned out to be the most unreliable car Ive owned/driven. Ooops my mistake.:confused:

Summary to close this whole thing as I really dont like saying bad stuff about anyone.....?

I got a courtesy car for most/some of the time, Were given a figure that apparently took into consideration that that we paid a service charge of £240. So I have not left feeling totally robbed, in fact in a previous post the word resolution is used. Resolved OK.

This does not mean I`m a completely happy customer and I have every right to say my bit in public. I would not encourage anyone to buy from them as my experience was a bad one. Sorry but its the facts. However it`s resolved, wether I`m 100% happy or not. Doesn`t mean I need crap comments like "its your mistake going there when all you wanted was a van" Great help mate. Do you work for them ?:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Resolved...No more St Andrews Skoda for me, to everyone else on this forum Safe driving for life.....

I dont doubt that ST ANDREWS have many many happy customers....its just that I`m not one of them....and Fatboab, bite my shiney metal ***.:finger: I Hope I meet you one day and you can see I`m actually a totally reasonable gentleman. As long as people dont talk crap about me.:finger::mad:

Fat boab, to say that this is my fault and I`m taking a wrong descision because all I wanted was a van, by keeping one car and selling two others(inc van)...your wording, "your mistake and your taking it out on them..is utter rubbish,crap and an insult to the hassle and comments made on previous posts about my Mrs. How would you like to go to a funeral of your mrs`s pal and then have the garage who are giving you both hassle ...tell you to hurry up we close soon as you are driving down. Bet my annual salary that it would upset you too. As would "your mistake and your taking it out on them" that car was a LEMON, they could have resolved the matter much more quickly by telling the truth(about thier so called ""technicians report"") they could never let me see this on paper or what date or the technician name...because it did not exist.

RAC condemned the vehicle in less than two minutes. :eek: :confused:

I worked in Customer service for many years and I know what good service is. Perhaps you should read the whole thread sunshine, see all those breakdowns and all the times I picked up a car from them "fixed" with warning lamps like a christmas tree when I turned they key outside thier establishment. They wasted my time,money and caused alot of stress when it wasnt needed. So your cheeky ignorant comment made me quite angry indeed but I guess that I should`nt rise to ignorance.:finger: he`s there because thats how I feel.:finger: so`s he badger badger badger ;)

:confused: Now I go thro this site / thread etc FATBOB you must have an interest in the reputation of this dealership surely?, they gave me some headache.

RAC condemned a vehicle they demanded was "fine", FACT

They did not even have a 4 wheel tracking machine , FACT

I had nothing but good service after the RAC report FACT

prior to that ....they told stories to get a lemon off thier forecourt. FACT

You then waded in with....Your mistake and your taking it out on them.....WHAT??? I didnt break the car, I barely ever had more than a month max at a time. They just could not deliver a car with out warning lights and / or grinding/crunching noises from it, off thier forecourt. This is my fault? How come ? explain fatboab, er sorry bob.:confused: The reason for wanting a van now, is I`m so put off buying cars, by the Fabia and St Andrews. The transit just made more rattle noises as it got older never stopped once. Which would you lean towards after my experience Oh wise one???

Last Post as this is history now.

St Andrews probably are good. My experience was the worst. I must be unlucky. Never at anytime was this my fault, and well as I `m saying It`s resolved yes, its resloved. I`m not happy though.

Fatbob, you seem to me to be an example of dealership loyalty or you have a vested interest , as everyone else has been helpful, or just passed comment you ....pointed blame at me.:finger:

SAFE DRIVING ALL FOR LIFE....To those who had a friendly bit of advice or just a comment on thier experience thankyou:thumbup:

Peace out.

I can live with that...sorry if I sounded overly angry but if you do read back there is some emotive issues relating to vehicle safety, and driver attitude. Hurrying up on the road isnt a good idea at rush hour,never mind returning a car that has steering issues confirmed by the RAC. Agree to disagree it is...Glasgow taxi drivers swear by them, so....I`m unlucky, I hate to have to do this but I stand my point...I got told some porky pies...St Andrews thinking I was just an unknowledgable womble. I also wasted alot of time and money because of these. So at that I`ll get my virtual coat an dissapear.

Now I have a buss pass for work...no joke.

The van is just for fishing and camping, it`ll be lucky to do 2,000 miles this year. thats how its made me feel about driving for now.

safe driving all..

Hello! I have read these posts with interest. I have recently had a problem with my 54 Vrs Fabia leaking through the back doors. I know this is a common fault and i have a very able father who can fix it! However, I decided to take it to St. Andrews (the dealer where i bought the car) and see what they can do. My problem is with a particular member of staff who i found ignorrant and rude. My dad feels exactly the same - being in a job where i work with the public i can never understand some peoples attitude. He seems as if he cant be bothered and doesn't really have the know-how to advise customers accurately and consicely. I don't have the car back yet but we'll see how it goes! I just hope i'm not let down as up till now my experiences have generally been good. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences - on to the next as they say!!!

Cheers

ps - enjoying the roomster courtesy car!!!!