Fabia without service history: not buy?

It is strange that a Skoda authorized dealer sells a car without the service history, isn't it?

Or is it? Is selling cars with no service history a normal occurrence in Skoda dealers? What is your advice? Would you buy this car, and if so, for what price?

It's a normal occurrence at any dealers - if a car hasn't got a full service history they're still going to sell it!

It would be worth contacting the dealer anyway, as most service departments record the details of cars they're working on - if the car's been serviced at the dealers then they should have invoices for the work.

If a car doesn't have FSH it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean the car hasn't been serviced - so if the overall condition of the car is spot on, then you just have a really good reason for negotiating the price down hard. :D

Rob.

If a car doesn't have FSH it's not the end of the world, and it doesn't mean the car hasn't been serviced - so if the overall condition of the car is spot on, then you just have a really good reason for negotiating the price down hard. :D

Sure, but doesn't it mean I will lose a lot of value when (if!) I decide to sell it in the future?

A lot of value from £2600? If you buy it without service history, then isn't the person selling the car now doing the same? As long as you get it for a fair price then it should be fine. The older the car gets, the less its worth (unless its rare) and the less people care about service history. I wouldn't worry too much.