JVC + iPod

I've replaced the OEM Symphony HU (cassette) with a JVC KD-LH915 (MP3/SD card). And as if that wasn't enough, I want to connect my 4th gen iPod to the CD changer port in the HU. I've tried the FM transmitter and it's a hassle and the sound quality is rubbish.

I've done a little bit of research and found that there are two ways to connect my HU to the iPod. First, there's the JVC KS-PD100 which allows you to control your iPod through the JVC CD changer controls, and there's the PAC iPod adapter for JVC which just transmits audio to the HU as EXT IN and charges your iPod.

The problem is if you use the first one, there's a small box (3.5 x 3.5 x 1 inch) to mount somewhere near you HU and I don't want the extra luggage. While the latter is only a cable, but I've read somewhere that it produces a hissing sound.

Anyone here tried either?