Superb 1.8T Comfort Q's

Hey peeps, went to look at the above earlier, took for a spin and loved it. It has 80k on the clock on an 03 plate, but has had one owner from new....the police.

Anyway, the car drives perfect, but the interior has been eaten by the looks of things. All the interior door handles (The plastic handles to pull the car doors shut) are tarnished and I wondered if they are easy to replace?

Also, when is the cambelt usually due on these?

RAC have inspected it and have not noted any faults, other than the interior trim is a bit wrecked, but I'm hoping a good valet will sort it, with me just doing bits like the door handles etc.

Any help apreciated!

Chris

Mines a comfort and the fob only controls the locking. i.e press the button once to open the drivers door and twice to open all doors. If you hold the key in the drivers door while unlocking it opens all the windows and obviously closes them if you turn the key the opposite way...sounds like a sound buy.

As Lummox said, even on low mileage examples, the laquer type film peels off the handles, so its not unusual

It does look really good, just the interior that needs a little bit of TLC.

Hopefully my finance application will be approved tommorow, and I can go forward :)

I hope hope hope it goes through!!!!

Chris

I've had a 53 plate 1.8t for about six months, in which time I've done about 16k.

I'm delighted, a lot of car for the money. It's quieter than any car I've driven, reasonably quick for a big car and it does 37mpg. As you will doubtless have heard, it's not great around corners when driven quickly - but if you want a cruiser that will be relaxing and reliable, it does the job.

We took it down to the south of France for a fortnight and it never missed a beat. Fully loaded it did 35 mpg at 80mph. Very comfortable on a run, more so than any mid range saloon you can name.

Skoda / VW mechanics swear by the 1.8 lump, I can see why.

hey peeps, went to sort out all the paperwork for the car today, but while I was there I thought I would check everything on the car to make sure it worked. Everything seemed ok, until I noticed none of the interior lights work. Not when you turn them on, or when you open the doors. I checked the damp footell thing but can't seem to find that a problem, the garage have said they will fix it, but what could it be?

Chris

hey peeps, went to sort out all the paperwork for the car today, but while I was there I thought I would check everything on the car to make sure it worked. Everything seemed ok, until I noticed none of the interior lights work. Not when you turn them on, or when you open the doors. I checked the damp footell thing but can't seem to find that a problem, the garage have said they will fix it, but what could it be?

Chris

Seems to be a common problem, one that I have not experienced as yet and hope I won't but I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions shortly.

With regards to the new shaped wing mirror's they will physically fit but you would have to wire in the indicators as the winring harness will not be there on the older models.

The interiors grab handles are simple to replace and I have just ordered two new front ones for my Superb wafter 130k's worth of use.

Also, I cant get the drawer underneath the headunit to open, its stuck. is it on a spring or something? Is it easily repaired?

The same applies to the cigarette lighter abnd front ashtray, the cove closes, but won't stay closed? Can this be fixed easily?

Chris