Key Fob Trouble

Hi all,

Looking for some help / advice:-

When I went to the car yesterday morning and went to open it nothing happened. Book lock operates off same key fob and I presume it would lock as you can hear the locks operate but not open ! (Fortunately had spare key fob handy)

Is it possible for the key fob to loose its programming ? & more importantly can I fix it ?

Many thanks for any ideas / advice

Start with the bleeding obvious mate, try changing the batteries and go from there before looking at more expensive options.

Think he stated that the boot lock operates from "operates off same key fob" so pretty unlikly it's the battery?

Numskull - Thx for taking the time to read my post accurately.

20VLIL I will try changing the battery but if the other operations work I can't see that being the problem unless it takes more battery power to transmit the open door command which i find highly unlikely.

Nevertheless to avoid more costly options that would normally be the first port of call.;)

I apologise, I must have misread. Please dont think I was being cocky or clever. Its just I remember I'd always have a habit of thinking of nasty problems before checking obvious ports of call.

No other solutions I'm afraid:O

I'm sure that the boot lock would not open if the programming was messed up. It is possible for the button underneath the plastic to get stuck or worn, is the fob well used? Have you tried turning it off and on again?