Can anyone shed any light?

Hi,

About 1 month ago, I took my car in to the dealer as I had a strange thumping feeling through the clutch pedal. After a week of the car being in there it turned out that it was the Dual Mass flywheel that needed replacing.

Just been out in the car today and it's started doing the same, a low rumbling /rattling from the front of the car, thumping feeling through the clutch pedal and whilst trying to keep a constant speed up hill it felt like the car was miss firing (as if firing on 3 cylinders now and then).

Now surely it can't be the flywheel again can it? I've only covered about 2000 miles since it was replaced.

Any ideas anyone? It's annoying me now that all these symptoms are back.

Cheers,

guineapig

Could be that it has gone again, but its something else causing it to happen? i had a simlar problem on a focus once and it was a coupling on the flywheel (dont know the tech way to say it)that was causing the vibration sensation.

I maybe completley wrong, but it may help??

Well, had three on mine now and its still not right.

Mine started with vibration on setting off. Like it from new.

New one fitted and vibration sorted but got horrendous rattling grinding noise on the first long trip. Stopped and called out RAC but when the guy got there 20mins later it had disappeared.

Another new one fitted but still got the noise. No one seems to know what to do with it.

Noise only happens when the the weather is warm (above 22degress) or when using the clutch a lot in heavy traffic.

The noise must be associated somehow with the clutch/flywheel assembly but at a loss to know what to do with now.

Brian