Problems installing Kenwood KDC-W3537G in Fabia '05

DCooling

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am really hoping someone can help me. I have an '05 Fabia estate which I love and drive in for about 3 hours a day. Like some other users I've wanted to hook up my iPod, through my TomTom 720, connecting that in turn to the stereo. This way I can control my phone and iPod through the TomTom, plus get my calls, travel alerts etc. routed through the stereo.

To do this I've purchased a Kenwood KDC-W3537G headunit because its green and has an AUX socket. I've removed the Symphony using the Kenwood keys (the 'Skoda' ones I bought on eBay were rubbish). I've also purchased a surround for the headunit to fill the gap and also have the arial adapter. However...

1. I can't fit the Kenwood cage into the hole
  2. The black ISO Skoda connector matches up to the Kenwood ISO connector. However, the brown Skoda ISO connector has four leads going into it that don't match the postion of the leads on the Kenwood ISO adapter. Is this going to be a problem? If so, is it possible to change them around?

Thanks

Hi DCooling, welcome to Briskoda! :wavey:

I don't know about the HU cage, as I still have the stock HU in my car, but the link below should help your wiring issues:

Link

You will also need to swap the permanent and switched live wires around - there is pleny on here about that if you have a bit of a search! :thumbup:

The kenwood cages are really tight fitting, suppose thats so they dont rattle once in place.

It will go in just might need some encouragement ;)

The only reason your wires dont match up is that your fabia only has two speakers in the front so only require 2 channels. It wont make a difference in other words.

Correct ^^^ you need to swap over the red and yellow wire on the kenwood harness.

the rest should be a doddle :thumbup:

Thanks you two,

I've managed to get it installed and working fine. Had to take another forum piece of advice though... chiselling off some of the plastic ribs on the floor of the OEM casing.

It's a shame the display brightness can only be dimmed with Kenwood's settings and not with the Skoda dash control for all the other internal lights. Any ideas?