Clutch/gearbox problem on Fabia

Osmodia

Hi,

Had a clutch problem with 2nd hand 2003 Fabia 1.9TDI, (centre plate drive was falling apart and also severe clutch drag)

New clutch fitted under warranty by dealer and some repair to gearbox? dealer was vague about what was done.

Clutch drag now worse when cold, you have to drag it out of reverse and feels like the synchro is really having to work hard on every gear change. Problem eases a little when hot. No sign of car creeping in gear with cluth pressed.

Any ideas anyone? Warped plate? sticking on splines? Gearbox? Wrong oil?

I need ammo to go back to dealer.

Thanks

Oz

Maybe the gearstick linkages need adjusting after the repair? SWMBO's car has an intermittent issue with not getting into first that's probably related to this, although it's never been enough of a ball-ache for us to remember to mention it when it's in for service! :doh: A change of gearbox oil is never a bad idea if you've been having issues, but I can't imagine dirty oil would be anything other than a contributory factor to the kind of problems you're describing...

Should have said, reverse is only hard to pull out of after using reverse and declutched to change to 1st. Stir the box about engine off, no probs.

To my mind it seems the clutch plate is sticking, causing the input shaft to keep on turning a little. Why it sticks I don't know, splines not lubed when clutch fitted? warped plate?dry, tight or damaged spigot bearing in flywheel?

Never had any problem with my SDI, gear change was perfect, you could go through all gears using finger and thumb lightly on gear ****!