Boost Gauge installation help...

Hi all, sorry for probably a topic that has allready been covered but to be honest I have hunted like mad for pictures for an exact install guide for a boost gauge on a Octy Vrs.:confused:

This is were I am so far I have the boost gauge wired up fitted and working no problems there.. my biggest pain in the **** is were the hell do I feed the vacum hose to reach the engine? I have followed pictures of 2 different options

(1) follow the bonnet release cable

(2) take out glove box and find hole to feed through to just under windscreen.

I have been upside down looking all over after removing the glove box looking for this dam hole, and the other way is near impossible unless I think you have a seat ibiza.

So what I need help with is a picture showing me were to feed the hose through and someones feed back were to attach the T-pipe either on the DV or the silver shiny thing at the engine block (u know what I mean). :thumbup:

Many thanks in return,

Thanks mate see the picture of were the glove box used to be... were you are pointing I seriously must be thick as s£$t I have pulled that big black cable down and cant see anything is it under the material ? just cant find it at all... by the way thanks for the fast as lightnig reply holy smokes ------->>>

I just happened to catch your post :D

It is very hard to see the grommet from the inside of the car, which is why I fed my stuff from the engine side.

By the way, be careful removing the trim above the pollen filter - it can be a pig to get off!

You pull it upwards away from the windscreen and be as gentle as you can! One member managed to crack his screen removing it, but I've had mine off about a dozen times now with no incidents.

• 4 weeks later...