Xenon lights - How to change the sidelight bulb?

DonkeyOaty

Hi,

I need to change a sidelight bulb and a quick look at the lighting unit would suggest it is not a straightforward bish-bosh job. Can anyone provide a decent "How-to when Xenons are fitted" please?

Car is Octy vRS Mk1 55plate.

PS - I did already search but closest I got was this and it didn't answer my question.

Thanks in advance

:)

If you have a manual it will be in that.

However, short instructions are,

Disconnect the battery (stops the auto bulb levelling buggering up)

Remove the indicators.

Then undo the bolts around the light (Watch the one where the indicator is it's a bugger)

Once the light is out there are about 8 screws at the rear of the light which need to come out also remove the silver ballast box thingy.

Once the back is off you can get at the sidelight bulbs.

Not the most technical explanation but it is fairly straightforward.

HTH

Cheers

sounds like hard work. mk1. take cap off back twist light out and hey presto. why do they have to complicate things when developing new cars

My guess is to make it less than easy for people to fiddle around in the back of the xenon equipped units and therefore reducing the chances of them coming into contact with the required high voltages.

For me its just a PITA.

sounds like hard work. mk1. take cap off back twist light out and hey presto. why do they have to complicate things when developing new cars

It is a Mk1 but with xenons fitted.