Fixed Rear wash leaking problem

Well I took apart the back of the car today to find out if the pipe had slipped off the wash system on the motor.

Unfortunately it hadn't.

I took the motor off (3 bolts inside and take the wiper arm bolt and arm off) and it was dripping with water. Anyway there are a load of screws holding the cover on so I took all those off and the inside was a soggy mess of rust and grease. Cleaned it up and blew it all out with my airline. I then wrapped some ptfe tape around the metal bit that goes through the spindle and joins to the plastic housing on the plate.

Screwed it all back together and reassembled the motor and tested it and .....

no water is leaking out. Looks like this is a design flaw in the motor internals in that over time the seals go and then water can pee out!!

Hope this might help anyone else with a smilar problem.

Cheers :thumbup:

Had very similar problem but different outcome.

Wiper just stopped delivering water. Turned out that pipe had 'blown off'. Getting to it was 'fun' and a bit of a leap of faith taking back boot interior panel off. Re-attach hose and put cable tie over (not gonna come off again....).

Getting the rear panel back on was total pain in ****. Studs and push on metal clips (4 of) for window side. Virtually impossible to line them all up at once, especially getting pull boot strap through its alloted hole too.

All working fine until I noticed a load of water in boot under spare wheel (not draining thorugh drain plug). After taking carpets out also found water in small compartment under CD multichanger (see other thread today). This was collecting and there was a load of yellow cream gloop in there. Can only assume it was 'degraded' waxoyl. Hoping the source was the faulty washer line or have another leak I dont know about. Spose it could be historical from opening the hatch in the rain and water pouring in.

The further downside is that it got to the multichanger connection blocks (conveniently placed in same loacation and enclosed in nicely water absorbant sponge). These corroded and that has packed up.

Other than that I love this car!.....