1.8 TSI Elegance Estate

I have done 1000 mls in my Octy estate with the 1.8TSI engine. My last car was an Octy 1.9 110 TDI. SWMBO has a Fabia VRS with remap to 170bhp. I'm very impressed with the pick up and the refinement. Power is delivered smoothly in gear. main problem is getting acclimatised to filling up more often as I cant get over 40mpg whereas both other cars mentioned could average 50mpg. Still at least the fuel is cheaper !

Happy Motoring

:)

I have done 1000 mls in my Octy estate with the 1.8TSI engine. My last car was an Octy 1.9 110 TDI. SWMBO has a Fabia VRS with remap to 170bhp. I'm very impressed with the pick up and the refinement. Power is delivered smoothly in gear. main problem is getting acclimatised to filling up more often as I cant get over 40mpg whereas both other cars mentioned could average 50mpg. Still at least the fuel is cheaper !

Happy Motoring

:)

Thanks for the response.

Has anyone had the 1.8TSI remapped? I'd be more interested in improving fuel economy than performance - is this a viable option? If so, which is the best company to use and how about insurance and warranty impications?