Boot opening

Hi

I have a 55 plate skoda superb classic 100ps

when I press the boot opening sometimes it clciks open and other times it doesnt!

whats is it actually suposed to do, I have seen audi's actually open the boot automatically

can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen as i still have some warranty to get it sorted before it runs out.

Regards

Sterlos

One fault I have had with my Superb was that the boot did not always release electrically - it could always be opened with the key.

Although it was still under warranty I was not going to risk letting a dealer damage it, given the perceived quality of their work, so I removed the boot trim (screws in hand-hold pockets and under triangle, then stiff clips) and examined the mechanism.

It was obvious that the electrical release was trying to do its job but the system was too stiff to let it. One drop of oil on the latch lever pivot pin at the end of the bowden remote from the actuator has cured it permanently.

Like the boot hinge pivots, VAG bump the rivet pins too hard.

rotodiesel.