Hill Hold

Sandy.Rogers

Apologies if this has already been posted - my computer is dead and I'm using an iPhone and magnifying glass (I really must get glasses!) and it's chronic just trying post let alone trawl for answers!

Q1. Can the Hill Hold delay time on a Yeti be changed via VCDS?

Q2. Can someone email me the VCDS code change instructions for:

A. Cornering Fogs

B. Fogs instead of Xenons for Leaving / Coming Home

C. Large MPH

D. Needle Staging

E. Any other useful / gimmicky things I might have missed

I do have these bookmarked on the Laptop but the hard drive has died and I'm waiting for the IT boys to shove some kind of SSD replacement in it and restore the contents of the dead drive - fingers crossed. In the mean time I have to make do with the IPB (Board Reader) App on the iPhone and a magnifying glass!

Take a look at this thread where I did most of these adaptations for Johann :thumbup:

Left the whole link below in case it is easier to see on your iPhone :thumbup:

http://briskoda.net/...ne-this-morning

Not sure about hill hold as I have not looked into it.

A. Cornering Fogs (This coding is from a Pre FL Octavia, so the Byte & Bit may be different, but it will get you in the rifght area :thumbup:

09 - Cent. Elect.Coding – 07

Pre FL:

Byte 23, Bit2 (tick)

Byte 23, Bit 3-4 (turn lights via fog lights

B. Fogs instead of Xenons for Leaving / Coming Home

17 - Instruments

Coding - 07

I did not make a note of the Byte & Bit, read them all and it will be clear

C. Large MPH- Set the country to Australia:

To change the country go to 17- Instruments and click on "Coding - 07"

17-Instruments.png

Then click on "Long Coding Helper"

17coding.jpg

Finally under Bit 4 select "70 Country: Australia (AUS)"

Longcoding-Australia.jpg

Exit this screen and you will return to the previous screen (with the current & new coding displayed) you see that the long coding has changed, click on "Do it!" all will then be saved.

Once you have made the changes with VCDS you then need to go into the maxi-dot menu:

SETTINGS

Units,

"Consu/distance" change this back to mpg (GB), mi (as it defaults to 1/100km, km),

then

SETTINGS

"MFD data" and make sure the box for Digit.speed is ticked

You can also remove the KPH display and replace it with the outside temperature:

SETTINGS

and unticked the "ALT.speed dis." box (this will remove the KPH speed and replace it with the outside temp display)

D. Needle Staging - For the staging go to:

17 - Instruments

Adaptation - 10

You will then find the 'staging' in the drop down box.

E. Any other useful / gimmicky things I might have missed

Seatbelt warning

09 - Cent. Elect.

Coding - 07

Telephone Connection beep (turn off)

77 – Telephone

Adaptation - 10

It is not recommended to code the car until the loom is in place as it may throw up errors or even not let you code it fully.

Once you have the loom in place then let me know and I will PM you the instructions to enable the coding the way the dealers SHOULD do it, but most of them struggle to.

• 3 weeks later...

Gizmo68,

I came across these settings which you will no doubt already be aware:

• [VCDS] DRL 100% And Rear LEDs

• Device 09-central electronics> coding> byte 11, bit 2

• The green indicator light on the light switch stays lit all the time when the DRL is. Also the map display in navigation • mode is dimmed for night usage all the time.

•

• [VCDS] Fog Turn Lights

• Enables fog cornering lights.

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 14, Bit 7

• Settings: 0 / 1

• Default: 0

•

• [VCDS] Disable Headlight Washers

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 20, Bit 5

• Values:

• 1: SRA available

• 0: SRA does not exist

•

• [VCDS] Indicator Soft Touch

• Sets the number of flash operations of soft touch turn signals

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Adjustments">> "Comfort turn signal (Cycles)

• Adjustable: 1-5x

• Default value: 3 times

•

• [VCDS] Disable DRL Dimming When Indicating

• Disables the dimming (25%) of the LED daytime running lights flashing as the light level.

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 15, Bit 3

• Values:

• 1: Dimming active (default)

• 0: disable dimming.

•

• [VCDS] Coming & Leaving Home light Cycle

• Setting the operating time of coming and leaving home function.

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Adjustments">> "Coming Home-Time" and "Leaving Home-Time"

• Possible burn times up to 60 seconds.

• Default values:

• Coming Home Time: 15 sec

• Leaving-Home Time: 60sec

•

• [VCDS] Needle Swoosh

• (VCDS) staging = pointer when you start

• `Address 17: go control panel insert> Customize> production and> active"

• Ignition off and on again to finish

•

•

• [VCDS] Seat Belt Warning Disable / Modify

• Disables the seat belt reminders

• Control unit "17-panel insert">> "Adjustments" Disable Seatbelt>>

• Adjustable: yes / no

• Default value: no

•

• [VCDS]Changes the seat belt warning

• Control unit "17-panel insert">> "Adjustments">> "Seatbelt"

• Adjustable Version 2 (normal) / Variant 3 (subjectively more aggressive)

• Default value: Variant 2

•

• [VCDS] Activate Rear LED Lights as DRLs (Xenons Only)

• The green indicator light on the light switch stays lit all the time. Also the map display in navigation mode is

• dimmed for night usage all the time.

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 18, Function 7, Change code 72 to 73 in long code

• Values:

• Bit 0 Enable.

•

• [VCDS] Deactivate Auto Rear Wiper on Reverse

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 21, Bit 6

•

•

• *Untested*

• [VCDS] Mirror Dipping on Reverse Active

• Control unit "Door Elec Passenger">> "Encoding">> Byte 4, Bit 2 and Bit 3

•

• [VCDS] Hill Hold Assist

• Controller 03(ABS)

• Coding 07

• long code helper

• Byte 16

• Bit 0 enable (tick box)

•

• *Untested*

• [VCDS] Siren Alarm Type (Changes Alarm Sound?)

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 6, Bit 1

•

Two questions:

1. Can Hill Hold be activated on some Yetis via VCDS who didn't pay for it as an option? (basicallly is it similar to Cornering Fogs - the Yetis with fog lights have the capability of it but you have to pay £140 as a 'Skoda Option; or find a friendly VCDS user to enable it)

2. Can the rear lights be coded to come on with the DRLs - if they could and you did this, would they then go off once the main lights are switched on manually (or when on auto mode)?

1. Can Hill Hold be activated on some Yetis via VCDS who didn't pay for it as an option? (basicallly is it similar to Cornering Fogs - the Yetis with fog lights have the capability of it but you have to pay £140 as a 'Skoda Option; or find a friendly VCDS user to enable it)

Can't help you on that one 'm afraid as it's not something any Yeti owner has asked me whilst I have been coding their car .... and I've done 'quite a few' now (not quite double figures mind)

2. Can the rear lights be coded to come on with the DRLs - if they could and you did this, would they then go off once the main lights are switched on manually (or when on auto mode)?

I tried to get rear DRL's on my Superb without success, the following bit baffles me though as there are no OE LED's on the rear of any Skoda (apart from Chinese Superb's / Octavia's? to my knowledge).

I will have a look on my car though when I get it back (will probably be next weekend when I get chance?) :thumbup:

• [VCDS] Activate Rear LED Lights as DRLs (Xenons Only)

• The green indicator light on the light switch stays lit all the time. Also the map display in navigation mode is

• dimmed for night usage all the time.

• Control unit "09-Central Electric">> "Encoding">> Byte 18, Function 7, Change code 72 to 73 in long code

• Values:

• Bit 0 Enable.

Can't help you on that one 'm afraid as it's not something any Yeti owner has asked me whilst I have been coding their car .... and I've done 'quite a few' now (not quite double figures mind)

I tried to get rear DRL's on my Superb without success, the following bit baffles me though as there are no OE LED's on the rear of any Skoda (apart from Chinese Superb's / Octavia's? to my knowledge).

I will have a look on my car though when I get it back (will probably be next weekend when I get chance?) :thumbup:

No mad panic, it was more a question of curiousity to a VCDS techie than a desperate desire - although it would be good ........ :giggle:

It is not recommended to code the car until the loom is in place as it may throw up errors or even not let you code it fully.

Once you have the loom in place then let me know and I will PM you the instructions to enable the coding the way the dealers SHOULD do it, but most of them struggle to.

I'm going to fit a tow bar (with official Skoda electrics) as well (when it's a bit warmer outside). Can you post the instructions here? Other people will find them interesting as well. If not, will you please PM them to me?

I'm going to fit a tow bar (with official Skoda electrics) as well (when it's a bit warmer outside). Can you post the instructions here? Other people will find them interesting as well. If not, will you please PM them to me?

Here you go, follow it TO THE LETTER and it will work as intended by VAG

Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (1K)

Thanks, but I have a MY 2012 Superb (3T), on Ross-Techs site I find many guides, but none for a 3T. Is the 1K version the one that comes closest?

The versions I found are:

• Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (1K)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (3C)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (4B)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (4E)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (4F)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (4L)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (5N)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (6R)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (7E)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (7L)
  • Trailer Hitch Retrofitting (7H)