1.2 tsi 105 hp Elegance from Greece

today i got my 1.2 tsi 105 hp Elegance from the dealership.

drove it to the garage, turned on the drl as per the instructions on this forum, and later in the afternoon i went to fit my new wheels (7X16, ET35, Momo thunder black)

img20130610194448.jpg

img20130610194442.jpg

also received spoiler V1 and door sills from Superskoda and will be fitting them, along with some colour vinyl in the next weeks.

i am also trying to find the exact type of the turn signal bulbs, so as to replace them with chrome amber ones.

unfortunately, my Rapid doesn' t have controls for the rear windows...

hope they can be retrofitted.

• Like 3

i can't tell for the UK market, but in Greece the dealers tend to rip you off and never have something on stock.

my guess is they would be much more expensive than the 30euro they cost from Skoda (judging by the prices they give for the cargo net-which they gave me as a present)

i m with you Bossfox, cheap and easy solution for protection and also adding some points on the looks imho.

yesterday, i put on the interior door sills (from superskoda), mostly for protection from shoes.

it's a nice and practical addition.

highly recomended.

also ordered the footrest

I'll buy a package of door sills for mine too. Yes, it's very easy to scratch the paint with sand and dirt!

just received my stainless steel OEM Footrest from superskoda

now i have to figure out how to place it :sweat:

I went to superskoda to check something and then I noticed they say the OEM Footrest is plug and play, no drilling needed, and so on. HOW??

i placed it yesterday !

on each of the four edges, it has a pin.

you stick these pins into the carpet and bend them so that it holds to the floor carpet (the four pins embrace the carpet).

when someones figures out how to do it, it only takes a few seconds.

unfortunately it didn't come with instructions, but all is good.

nice addition to the interior imho. highly suggested!!

• Like 2

i placed it yesterday !

on each of the four edges, it has a pin.

you stick these pins into the carpet and bend them so that it holds to the floor carpet (the four pins embrace the carpet).

when someones figures out how to do it, it only takes a few seconds.

unfortunately it didn't come with instructions, but all is good.

nice addition to the interior imho. highly suggested!!

Nice!!! How do the pins stick into the carpet? Is like Velcro or something?

i should have taken a foto...

well, in each corner it has a flexible metal with sharp edge (around 2-3cm long and 1 cm wide).

you have to stick them in the carpet and then bend them in a way that all the four pins embrace the carpet.

sorry, i can't expain it better and i didn't find any pic on the internet to show what i mean.. :(

• Like 1

i should have taken a foto...

well, in each corner it has a flexible metal with sharp edge (around 2-3cm long and 1 cm wide).

you have to stick them in the carpet and then bend them in a way that all the four pins embrace the carpet.

sorry, i can't expain it better and i didn't find any pic on the internet to show what i mean.. :(

Ah ok, I think I'm seeing it now. They stick to the carpet like a claw, right? Thank you for your explanation!

Edited by niant

yeap, looks like you got the picture! like claws

Nice. Maybe I'll order one for me, but first I'll buy the netting system for the trunk!

Thank you!

1st part is completed.

black vinyl roof, black vinyl sida stripes, black vinyl inf ront of the headlights.

next weekend, i ll have the spoiler painted (white and black, that's why the front bumper is missing the small part, so as to make the exact same white color)), and will cover with black vinyl the mirrors :)

62yy.jpg

yxin.jpg

mvbt.jpg

i2ox.jpg

Yesterday i had the front chrome grill wrapped in black vinyl and the mirror covers. Unfortunately the vinyl on the mirrors didn t hold, so i will have them painted some time soon. Also waiting on the rear spoiler to ba painted

• Like 1