New Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TDI DSG Ordered!

Well, true to their word they allocated a build week today, 35...

Not awful, but not great. Gonna ring CS tomorrow and have a moan and see what I can get sorted (be it build sooner or some compensation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, true to their word they allocated a build week today, 35...

Not awful, but not great. Gonna ring CS tomorrow and have a moan and see what I can get sorted (be it build sooner or some compensation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizarre how we can order within a week of each other yet I'm bw 29 and you,'ve fallen to wk35. If they'd done that to me I'd walk away.

Bizarre how we can order within a week of each other yet I'm bw 29 and you,'ve fallen to wk35. If they'd done that to me I'd walk away.

I would - but I kinda want the car!

Well, had what I suppose is a pretty decent outcome today...

The guy I spoke to at CS on Weds called me back today and has offered a courtesy car including insurance from today until mine arrives :)

I didn't have to beg or get grumpy or anything, just said we would be in a really sticky situation come 1st Sept when the schools return (my Wife is a Deputy Head) as she would not be able to get to work - I was expecting an offer of a car from Sept for 3-4 weeks until ours came, but this is even better, free motoring for a couple of months!

They should be bringing the car over on Monday, so best get her Mini up for sale now! Anyone want a 3.5 yr old Mini One D with Chilli Pack (Bluetooth, CD + Aux/USB, Climate Control), 42k miles, Silver - £8,500 for a forum member :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NEARLY HERE!! All set for this time next week for my Audi S1 (currently at the docks in the UK), then 10.30am to get my S1 lower tailgate wrapped in black, and then 1pm for the vRS (currently on a transporter to the dealers). Can't wait!

Hopefully will be good weather and I will take a load of shots of both cars in the New Forest (where we are picking the vRS up), and then that night I have a sweet location planned for some light painting shots.

• Like 2

Hi Guys

THEY ARE HERE!!

Anyone interested in the S1 and a first day review/pics see here http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=118722

So I've not driven the vRS more than 30 yards down/up a slipway to a lake for photo's, so can't give any review yet (will drive it today), but here are some pics to enjoy :)

DSC07007_zps71d3dff6.jpg

DSC07008_zps2e5c3d42.jpg

DSC07009_zps77b07a6e.jpg

DSC07010_zps35c09d12.jpg

DSC07011_zps33fefd9b.jpg

DSC07013_zpsb23c97ca.jpg

Some very quick shots of the interior...
DSC07014_zps036e8809.jpg

DSC07015_zpsb8e60cdd.jpg

DSC07016_zps71c82681.jpg

Dog in her area :)
DSC07017_zpsa0508d4b.jpg

I really like the diamond/carbon kinda look trim.
DSC07018_zps5f70f56c.jpg

And one of us together, we've named them Bumble and Wiz :)
DSC07005_zpsd2de9186.jpg

And finally, THE shot :)
DSC07038_zps620cce4c.jpg

Will post my thoughts after a drive later today :)

• Like 4

OK, went for a spin just now, please consider I just stepped out of the S1 which is like a yappy little terrier snapping at your heels so I likely saw the contrasts to that more than anything...

Immediately I found the DSG very good at low speed/pulling away - in the past other VAG DSG/STronic boxes I have used have been a pig at manoeuvring so very happy about that.

Putting your foot down is like riding a beautiful wave of torque, very composed and seamless shifts from the DSG again. In the last 500-800rpm coming up to the redline the sound generator makes a right odd farting noise, not a totally unpleasant sound though, and in the rest of the rev range I'm not upset with the sound generator like others seem to be.

Columbus system is great, well worth the money, beautiful large/sharp screen and very responsive and easy to use. Love the hand approach feature. And I can't believe how many settings there are, compared to the S1 there are 4 or 5 times more in the vRS. This is good from Skoda as I know 90% of these I can play with/enable on the S1, why not just put them all in the menu in the first place! The colour maxi dot screen is good as well.

Initially when pulling out hard I did get some wheel spin, but this was primarily as I was used to just planting it in the S1 and the quattro doing its job, with sensible throttle modulation you can get off the line quickly and easily without any ESP going mad etc, and when the ESP did rein you in it did it gently, not a massive throttle cut or anything which is good.

Ride is very good considering the 19's - again this is compared to the S1 which is basically like riding in a rock being dragged down a typically unmaintained road (again, the usual Audi "ohhhh, it's fast, it must have rock hard suspension!" mentality - thankfully the S1 has electronic dampers so you can put it in comfort for a more compliant ride). If you do hit a pot hole though you certainly know about on the 19s, but that goes with the territory, quite happy with the suspension overall.

I've not flung it at any corners yet, but I'm sure it will hold it's own, the brakes felt solid and controllable under foot on the couple of big stops I did.

The KESSY with memory seats works really well together, swapping drivers was a breeze as the seat moved as you open the door to that key's preferred position. We have gone to the trouble of going through the settings twice, once with each key, to ensure it is all as we would both prefer - I strongly recommend anyone else that shares the car does this (KESSY or not).

I think that covers it for now, so far so good, very happy with it. Will continue to update with more thoughts after a few more (s)miles :)

• Like 2

Just found this thread and really enjoyed reading it, and the thread on the S1. Both very special cars, enjoy. Look forward to more photos, feel free to post a pic of the S1 with the tailgate wrapped.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just found this thread and really enjoyed reading it, and the thread on the S1. Both very special cars, enjoy. Look forward to more photos, feel free to post a pic of the S1 with the tailgate wrapped.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. All the pics on the A1-Forum are with the tailgate wrapped already... It's just the lower part I had done. Unless you mean post one here directly?