Members
  • Last visited

Profile Information

Car Info

• Model
    I have a MK3 Superb 1.5 TSi Sportline Plus Business Grey hatchback
  • Year

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Skoda_Doug's Achievements

Contributor

Contributor (5/17)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Thanks. I know how to change the display to the sports one but how do you keep the sports display as the default display from then on?
  2. Hi there, Does anyone know how to change the default display on the virtual cockpit to the sports mode?
  3. No, not showing on there. I got the recall work done today and noticed a difference when pulling away in 1st gear. Car is smoother and doesn't feel as if it is jumping down the road! This definetely fixes the issues I was experiencing. Strange that the new Superb isn't offered with a manual gearbox?
  4. I am having issues with my 19 plate Superb 1.5 TSi with 6 speed manual gearbox. Issues with jumping along in 1st gear when cold and stalling at junctions for no apparent reason. I contacted Skoda this evening and there is a recall campaign 24EU which Skoda or Skoda dealer had not informed me that I needed / was entitled to to fix my car's issues! Very poor service. I have booked my car in via Arnold Clark website for Thursday to hopefully get it sorted. I will report back afterwards.
  5. I am in Inverness but am travelling down to pick the car up on Monday.
  6. Some pics of my new car Sportline Plus 1.5 TSi - which is due to be picked up on Thursday from the dealer in Leicester by Falkirk Car Carriers and ready for me to pick up from their premises on Monday - ordered in November sometime. Can't wait!
  7. Hi there, I have a 63 plate (October 2013) 1.4TSi Manual with 16" standard alloys. My V5C says Band C = 121g = £110. I was going to write to DVLA and ask them for confirmation of whether this is correct or whether they have got it wrong - I hope it is Band B = 119g = £30. What address did you write to? Was it CCG,DVLA,Swansea SA99 1BA ? Did you include your V5c when you wrote to them? Thanks in advance.
  8. I got the new rear shock done on Monday. I haven't driven much since then but the times I have been in the car it does seem to be a lot better. I won't say it has fixed the issue yet though. Time will tell.
  9. No they didn't. They just mentioned that Skoda were aware of the issue and that they authorised the dealer to replace a new set of rear shocks. I think my car was built sometime in August 2013.
  10. I reported this issue way back just after I got my car in October 2013. The booming noise was investigated by my local dealer last year but they couldn't find anything at the time. The noise has been intermittent since then. Recently, the noise has been getting worse. I had my first service today ( a 10,000 mile oil change) and I reported this issue to the dealer for them to investigate again. This time they did notice an issue and said that Skoda had reported that there is a "recall" on the rear shock absorbers of some Octavias and that I would need to book the car in again to get them replaced under warranty. I have booked the car in on the 10th November. I will update this post after this date to let you know if this has sorted the issue. Hope this helps others that are experiencing this issue. Point being, report it to your dealer and mention a "recall" that Skoda have put out which I was not informed off until the visit to the dealer today. Cheers!
  11. I reported this exact same issue to Skoda CS a couple of weeks ago. I currently own a 1.4 TSi SE manual hatchback (purchased October 2013). The car configurator shows 119g/CO2 when I specced it but my V5 certificate shows this figure as 121g/CO2. The bottom line is that it is a band higher for VED. They said they were going to correct it doesn't look like they have yet.
  12. I have owned a 1.4TSi Octavia since mid October. It's a cracking engine. It's the first petrol engined car I have owned for over 5 years. It is powerful enough for me. It is similar in power to the Octavia mk2 2.0 TDI - 138hp which I owned. Plenty of pulling power and acceleration but without the torque power of the diesel. It is averaging 45mpg most of which is urban. Can get 55 mpg on a longer trip. I have some intermittent low frequency booming noise issues with the car but other than that it is a cracking car.
  13. I was one of the first on here to report this to Skoda C.S. After a couple of checks by my local dealer the noise was still evident. I have a standard 1.4Tsi with 205x55x16 wheels. I would hope that a vehicle recall will happen in the not too distant future if they keep getting issues logged with them.
  14. No consolation but when I picked up my car from the dealer it had the registered plates. I had to insure it with these plates. I then went about putting on my private plate and then informing my insurer when this was approved by DVLA. At least I got to drive it whilst waiting for DVLA. You will enjoy it more when you finally get the green light to drive it.
  15. If the fix suggested by peterbaarlo works then I will be getting back to Skoda UK (I still have an open issue logged with them about this).

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.