Skip to content

TSIspirit

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. There's this? IMG_0754.HEIC AFAIK all recalls were actioned. I got the vehicle late 2014 from a Skoda dealer.
  2. Make & Model: Fabia Mk2 2011 1.2TSI DSG Colour: Blue Mileage: 67,737 miles Price: £1500 Description: Really well kept 2011 1.2TSI Fabia with the elegance trim. Only 67,737 miles on the clock. Has had a replacement reconditioned engine due to timing chain failure, and has now sadly got the flashing gear indicator, believe the mechatronic has gone. Broke down and has been recovered to my parents driveway. It is in generally good condition, few cosmetic marks to the paint. It has had APR coilovers fitted by Coastal Racing, setup beautifully - sits about 30mm lower than standard, and handles lovely. Currently SORN, valid MOT until November. Would make a really great project for someone, and very sad to see this car go, but have now replaced it with a Kamiq, so at least staying in the Skoda family. Condition: Non Runner Service History/Receipts/Recent Service work: Some service history, but over the last few years took to servicing myself, doing regular oil change, air/cabin filter. Not long since had a new coil pack installed. HT leads have been swapped out Extras: Elegance/SE Trim (Records show SE but spec Is elegance I believe) Mods: AP coilovers done by Coastal Racing, also got a 510 Headunit I can swap in if desired. Shipping: Must have transport Collection: Yes, transport required, located between Lancaster and Preston Pictures:
  3. My alarm was recently on the fritz on an ‘11 Fabia and turned out the car’s battery was on its last legs. There is also apparently a separate battery for the alarm which can die and cause intermittent faults.
  4. 2011 - its had a new engine though (ugh) so would need to check the actual build date.
  5. Sorry to revive this discussion. Just received a replacement filter from ECP and I remembered scrolling by this thread. See attached - black filter from ECP vs silver one currently fitted. Am I right in saying this is the incorrect one and I should exchange this for a MANN filter instead? Mine is a CBZB 1.2TSI
  6. Had this in my 1.2tsi and one of the ignition leads had melted through from where it sits near the heat shielding…bad design!
  7. I’m halfway through a retro fit too (will finish that one day…). It’s a mk2 2011 - think the facelift differs slightly to the OG mk2. it took a lot of brute force. Remove the two small blanker panel bits on the wide section of lower grill first (these just pull out, left one took some oomph on mine), then stick your arm in, and feel for a plastic tab behind the fog light blanker. once you sacrifice some knuckles and a chunk of flesh from your lower arm, the blankets should release relatively easily.
  8. Had this happen and it was the pump on its way out - changing the fluid wouldn’t hurt, also check the battery - if it’s not holding a good charge it could be a symptom, though by the sounds of it I would hazard a guess it is the pump throwing a wobbly. I was fortunate and grabbed a pump off a scrap fabia, same part number and low mileage - was about £25, £90 fitted with fluid change (this was about 5 years ago and local benevolent scrappy & mechanic)
  9. Thanks for this - I'll post when i get chance to look at it properly. Theres an additional question - the loom from ebay only has wiring for the actual fog lamps, not the DRLs. Any recommendations for that? I know its a p21w bulb, but not sure if it'll be a bit of a DIY job?
  10. Got there in the end - just needed some brute force!
  11. Anyone any tips for removing these on a 2011? Got the small piece out from the centre of the grille but cannot for the life in me work out how to get the fog light blanks free. thanks!
  12. Legend. yeah mine is registered may 2011 so should be included. thanks!
  13. Yeah this was my thought too. The listing was specifically for the 5J so a little concerned by that. I’ve asked if they have Skoda specific instructions etc. Is there somewhere I could find the pin out of the BCM? Or could a member with factory fitted fogs share where the fog loom is connected up?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.