Skip to content

r0bm867

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by r0bm867

  1. Hi everyone, Someone wrote off my octavia estate 1.6tdi 105hp a few weeks ago. I have gotten my (too low!!) settlement figure and I want to replace with another octavia estate diesel, because I like the car. There aren't many options around my way, and I am under a time limt to replace as we go on holiday next month and we need the space that the octy gives, rather than the bloody tin can boot on my courtesy car. the only real option I have at the moment, given the trim level I want, is a 1.6tdi 110hp. I wondered if anyone had any experience of how this one drives differently from the 105hp, specifically, it the low end grunt at all better? I had the 105 remapped because it had so little down low, but just wondering if the curve on the 110 is any better, torque wise. Any insights are appreciated!
  2. regarding the clutch; I understand putting too much on the clutch would be an issue, but if pulling away gently but then using the power a bit more once well and truly rolling; would this be a potential issue for the clutch?
  3. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with remapping the 1.6tdi 105? Having test driven it sedately when I purchased it, I am not noticing a lack of punch....most notable where I used to shift up to second in my old 1.9tdi pd at low speed the torque was still there; in short it was much more drivable, I find i'm having to hold onto first a lot longer at the moment which seems unnatural and often I am finding the engine response is not there. A local company charge £250 and that gives about 40hp and 80nm increase, but not sure if that increased power is available at lower revs. Anyone had one of these and found it pulls a lot better at lower revs?
  4. Haha it sure seems that way at the moment; my neighbours in the background have 2 estates. It looks even worse right now as where the BMW is in the background, is currently where my old hatchback is parked also!
  5. Resurrecting this thread! Just last week got my hands on my Octavia Mk3 SE Business Estate. 15 Plate, 60,000 miles, never a single advisory on it's MOT's so far. Had a mk2 hatch before but it's getting a bit haggered now after owning it for 7 years so time for an upgrade. Definitely feels like a step up and looking forward to the estate giving me a tiny bit more practicality as my kids get a bit older and start wanting to take bikes with them and things like that. Got all the spec I wanted, cruise (after a recent BS speeding ticket, centre arm rest, steering wheel controls and all that jazz
  6. Ordered a boot liner for my recently acquired Octavia estate attached but it s doesn't fit properly. The guy told me it's fit the upper floor but I don't have a variable boot. Can anyone confirm which one I do need?
  7. I have seen a 2014 Octavia Elegance for sale near me. Price is good, mileage, cambelt done lately etc. I noticed that it appears to have 18 inch wheels not standard on the elegance though (see picture) Can anyone advise if this is liable to make a car in the Elegance trim ride particularly firm? I like the look of the car, and details are good, but if it's gonna rattle my kids and I to pieces then I'd rather walk away. I think the owner stated it has had brembo discs and pads done recently too. Does this sound suspicious or is it possible that some owners might just want an extra bit of stopping power just in case...after all it is only a 1.6 tdi with no tune!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.