Skip to content

Routemaster1461

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Privacy! They don't really want you to see what is going on in the service area. Last time my car was in they forgot and left it running. I have had my cashcam power cable disconnected at an airport car park. Didn't realise until a fair distance and had to stop to sort it. Later in the same journey we has a bad crash, writing off the car. Luckily I did catch in on the dashcam. I could argue that if I hadn't had to stop I wouldn't have had the crash, but I don't think I'd get very far with that.
  2. We don't use our Karoq much between trips to the continent. Last time we went in June/July we got the update message virtually every day. There ws never a message to say updated complete. The only odd thing I found was that at some time the settings for the cruise control were changed, causing me some concern, but that was soon corrected. We have just returned from another trip when again we get the message virtually every day, someimes more than once a day. Always accepted but nothing else. Having reset the headlight aim in the Channel Tunnel train, and gone back into settings to ensure the change was actually set, when I came home and tried to set back for UK, it was already on left side running. Whether the 'updates'had reset something in both cases, who knows. We had l Iittle need of headlights apart from tunnels, but I did do two or three ~10 mile trips in the dark and nobody flashed me! I would like to ask my agent but while away I received an email saying that, as of 30th September, ie Wednesday, they are no longer Skoda agents and service is being transferred to a local VW agent. Great! So what to do next? Had an MOT booked but doesn't look like that will be happening!
  3. I had two scraped Karoq alloy wheels, one of which had been previously repaired and repainted, and the surface was beginning to have whitre blemishes. I had them repaired for £144 each, however it did take 2 days. They look fine!
  4. I have already posted several times on this subject. At first, as it happened on the continent, I was told it was due to hunting between different phone providers. Then it started doing it in the UK, so it wasn't that. In summary, after 8 visits to Skoda, including software updates, 3 new aerials and a new control unit, it was finally tracked down to a faulty cable running the length of the car. This was replaced in the spring and it has been faultless since. Please all remember that the error may be caused by several different faults, and a suggested solution may not work for another car.
  5. The big mpg killers are driving in town, roads which have many bends and speed limit changes and, despite what many will tell you, use of aircon. Our little car which does ~50mpg or more in normal conditions can't even reach 45mpg with auto aircon in the baking hot conditions we currently have. The general reason that cars get better mpg coming back is that they don't have to contend with starting from cold and the higher fuel consumption that results. My Karoq has done nearly 3000 miles according to the long term computer, at 49.8 mpg, and on the continent last month, when it was hot enough to crack our windscreen, we were getting 52 mpg even with the aircon running. Our best recorded figure on a trip, all be it a short journey, was over 80 mpg. About 10 miles, aircon off, about 940 feet drop in elevation.
  6. I had a 'puncture' quite a fw years ago that I couldn't find. Turned out to be a small sticker on the bead of the tyre that had a crack in it, leaking air through the middle of the sticker. Sticker removed, no further issues.
  7. Remember that it is a 'should' not a 'must not'' In certain circumstances it would be far more dangerous to have to jack the car up twice to do the switch from rear to front, not to mention the physical effort, than it would be to drive with the space saver on the front. You just need to drive appropriately as there may be less grip.
  8. It dosn't matter if the wheels are different sizes. For instance, a spare wheel may well have a different rolling diameter, but when the system is reinitiallised it will take it into account.
  9. Thanks so much for that. I found the settings and unchecked both speed limit preview and the other about road layout and it appears to be back to how it was. Tried it yesterday and it was fine. I still don't know how t was altered as I don't think I did it. If anyone else doesn't loke ACC, can I suggest you try thi. BTW, I'm still getting update requests, 2 yesterday.
  10. Thanks for that. I have found the setting in the driver aids section and unchecked them. I will try it out tomorrow when I go to get my new windscreen fitted.
  11. I do not like the fact that when set it automatically sets to the posted speed limit. I do not like the fact that when it sees a new limit sign, despite me setting it lower i resets to the signed limit. I do not like the fact that it sees limit signs on slip roads and tends to vigorously apply brakes. I do not like the poor comfort when it charges at bends, then jams on the brakes and still goes round at an uncomfortable speed.
  12. I did have that but in the last 2 months it has disapperaed.
  13. We hadn't used our Karoq much before we wnt on holiday on 22nd June. On the way to Folkestone (or maybe the day before) we had a message about a software update, which I accepted. I rarely use the ACC as I don't like the way it manages speed, and since just after we got it, I managed to switch off the ACC, and just use it as cruise control. What I could do was to pull the switch at a speed I wanted to maintain and it would continue at that speed unless there were vehicles ahead. However, when I do this now, the car sets the CC to the speed limit and even if the setting is reduce, the next time the car reads a speed limit sign it resets to the new limit. Even when travelling down a dual carriageway, the car reacts to spped limits on slip roads, and in one case travelling on an Austrian autobahn, thought we were on a slip road and jammed on the brakes when it thought that there was a 60kph limit on it. So I have gone from a situation where we had usable CC to where we have unusable ACC. I have tried to switch back to CC like I did when the car was new but I can't do it. So has anyone else had this happen after a software update? And have you managed to reset to ordinary CC? As I sidenote, in the 23 days we were away and using the car, we had a software update almost every day, sometimes more than once a day. I always accepted, but it didn't stop happening. Anyone else have this? I did wonder whether it wouldn't update because we were abroad.
  14. We have just come back from nearly 4 weeks on the continent. Some may remember the SOS system issue that required 8 visits to dealers to fix. I'm happy to report that we went the entire holiday with no more issues. On our first day (Monday) travelling down the French Autoroute with the temperature at ~35 degrees, I noticed a small crack in the windscreen, just behind the parking ticket clip. It was ~ 2 inches (5cm) long. Over the next few days it grew longer until Friday, when it reached ~22 inches (55cm) This was a real dilemma for me as I didn't want to drive with a screen like that, but I didn't know how to get it repaired in Europe, particularly as I had no idea whether my car insurance would pay out, like it does in the UK. Luckily we got back with no further issue. I have a green Umwelt sticker for Germany, which I will lose when the screen is replaced, but I stayed somewhere in Germany near a TUV centre, and it only took 5 minutes and 5 € to get a replacement. I have also has to order a new French Crit'air sticker, which was just over 5 € including postage. So, on arrival home, it was time to sort out a replacement screen. On Thursday evening I went on the website of the replacement company. The first part was easy, putting in the car details and my personal details, but it was really difficult to complete the form as it kept asking me to agree to new wiper and a screen coating, both of which I had to turn down at least twice. The earliest appointment I could get was 16.00 on Tuesday, rather awkward but doable. No fit at home option. So was that it? No. On Friday morning I got a call from the company and then again got badgered by their agent, who very pushily tried to upsell me new wipers and screen coating, totalling ~ £90 to £100, and miraculously they could now take the car at 9.00 on the same day. So I couldn't book it for 9.00 online because I suspect the phone call is a further opportunity to upsell. I bet I get it again when I take the car in. Just one last thing for continental travellers. Apparently, next spring, Belgium will be introducing a road tax rather like ours, except it will also apply to foreign visitors. It seems there will be a daily rate, payable on the internet, but I have no futher deatils of costs and penalties.
  15. Strange! Mine does.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.