-
Buying a 2019 1.5 TSI SE L 5dr DSG
Scala is a good choice, too. I've previously own a 1.0tsi Scala dsg, now onto my 3rd Octavia 1.5tsi dsg. I think the 1.0tsi engine mates with a manual box, slightly better than a dsg, seems to be a bit more lag when taking off on a 1.0tsi dsg, against a 1.5tsi dsg. In my experience, anyway. Although it's easy to adapt to. The 1.0tsi, if that's what you've bought, certainly didn't feel underpowered to me, either. Plus with the rear seats folded down there's only around 145 litres difference load space, between the Scala & the Octavia, Octavia being marginally bigger. Having a Scala you have the benefit of the car not being as long to manoeuvre within tight spaces.
-
-
Skoda Octavia mK III INFOTAINMENT system keeps switching on and off
Yes it's directly behind the glovebox, passengers side. I'd just replace it for a new one, no matter how it looked.
-
Wheels and Tyres
I have no fear of anyone wanting my 16's lol.
-
Skoda Octavia mK III INFOTAINMENT system keeps switching on and off
I had a similar issue with my previous mk3 facelift Octavia, the info screen would intermittently turn it's self on & off whilst I was driving. I never got to the bottom of it, but I found pulling the dash fuse (behind the glovebox), usually stopped it from turning on & off for around a month. I can't offhand remember which fuse it was, but it's within the owners handbook. Maybe worth a free, try. Mine turned off & on, less often than yours, mind. Still enough to drive me crazy when it did.
-
Wheels and Tyres
Pic of tyre and excuse the dirty wheel, needs a wash. Similar tread pattern to the premium Michelin CC. Ive also removed the locking bolt, as I do with all my cars, as I dislike them.
-
Wheels and Tyres
I put a full set of Linglong Greenmax all season tyres on my Octavia, 205 55 16 91v, 7 months ago, so caught the tail end of last winter. They were decent on snow/ice/slush, good all year round. Although I don't drive to their limits often, I just wanted a tyre I could use all year round that felt safe. No they're not as good as Michelin tyres, but I've had those in the past, too. I paid £54 per corner for them, fitted. I drive an estate with 16" wheels fitted, so it suites my needs, don't need to drive it like a sports car. They are also wearing very well, as I've only lost 0.5mm from the front two over 5k driven, so far. I thought I'd give them a try, as I generally fit mid range tyres, not disappointed. If I still have my car by the time they hit 3mm, I'll replace all 4 with whatever I fancy, next. Probably all season tyres again, as they suit my needs.
-
Wheels and Tyres
I own a 20 plate 1.5tsi Octavia SEL dsg estate, it's my 3rd Octavia. I bought it a year ago, it came with 17s, as standard. I sourced 4 decent used late MK 3 facelift Octavia alloy wheels, fitted those for comfort. I've also fitted 4 all season tyres onto them, too. I see a few positives from this, tyre choice is larger & tyres are cheaper, than the previous 17s. You would also gain on fuel economy, marginally, too. Also comfort levels are marginally better, compared to running with 17s. You will notice a bit of a difference with comfort levels, hitting potholes, but it's not a massive difference, more of a subtle change. I've done this on few other cars, previously, down graded their wheels to gain more comfort. Bit more pothole & kerb resilience, too. I've also stuck with the 91 load ratings for 16s wheels from factory for my car. I'd never fit higher load ratings if not required. I prefer higher spec trims, with lower spec wheels, mainly for comfort, not vanity. I've also informed my insurance, there was no extra charge to my premiums.
-
Very intermittent screeching noise.
What I also noticed, but didn't give a second thought about. When I inspected my pullies, the engine plastic top cover was loose, so I clipped it back down into place. Obviously the main dealer hadn't attached it down properly when it was previously serviced by them, prior to me buying the car. Since then, the noise has not occurred, again. My fingers are crossed.
-
Very intermittent screeching noise.
Just an update, I've checked the alternator pulley and other pullies around that area, all seem tight, belt looks tight, OK from what I can see. As they're not easy to inspect, due to their location. Unless you were to go from underneath. So Ill keep an eye on it, if it becomes worse, be easier to diagnose. If I do get to the bottom of it, I'll post on here, again.
-
Very intermittent screeching noise.
Thanks for the info.
-
Very intermittent screeching noise.
Hello all. I've owned my current Octavia 1.5tsi dsg SEL estate for around 8 months, now. It's on an 20 plate with fssh, 50k from new. I have a very intermittent screeching noise that seems to be coming from the mid to front end of my car. Occasionally occurs, after the car is fully warmed up, with or without the aircon on, only under heavy load or from a hill start, once moving with my foot down a bit. It's a screeching type sound that lasts for around 2 seconds. Not during tick over, but could occur at any speed. Originally I thought it may have been the aircon compressor or compressor pully, but I've now realised that it can occur with the aircon off or on. I dont think its a brake related or wheel related sound. My thoughts, dsg, alternator belt? I don'tthink its at the point where it would be easy to diagnose, as its not constant. I also have a Skoda extended warranty, until Nov, but at this point I don't think I'd waste my money having Skoda look at it, until I was a bit more sure what may be causing it and if it was easily diagnosed/replicated. Any ideas? Thanks.
-
Looking at 2014 Skoda Octavia Combi 1.6 TDI manual 196,000km and would like advice on what to look for.
Personally, unless you could actually see the car, prior to the CAT C repairs, I wouldn't touch it. Could you be absolutely sure the hidden repairs were done to a good standard. Plus it doesn't seem that cheap, considering it's mileage & the fact it was a previous write off. I bought a CAT N, around 20 years ago, now. I had issues with my insurance, some companies back then wouldn't insure it, I also needed an independent engineers report on it, to insure it. Which I did, all my own time, hassle & money. I know the system has changed a bit now. After that, I personally wouldn't knowingly buy another. I also know of a friend that bought a previous write off, drove perfectly well, nothing obviously wrong with it, but later on after it went into another garage for a dash related repair, they informed him that whomever repaired the car previously hadn't fitted an drivers side airbag. No ECU lights were illuminated, either. So somehow the guy that previously repaired it, managed to get round that one.
-
Infotainment System Issue
Have you tried replacing the glovebox fuse? I had an intermittent issue with my previous Octavia's scree, it would randomly turn it's self off & on. Taking the fuse out, replacing it. Seemed to reset it for a few months, before the issue would intermittently start up again.
-
Skoda Octavia 3 (2016) - Infotainment suddenly stopped working
I had a similar intermittent issue with my previous 19 plate Octavia, the info screen would turn it's self on and off intermittently. Sometimes it would last 3 months without doing so, then it may turn it's self off a few time a day & back on again. I found the only thing that seemed to reset it for a while was taking the fuse out from behind the glovebox, I replaced it with a new fuse, even though the old one looked OK. I never got to the bottom of the issue, I now have a 20 plate Octavia (facelift), not done it once, touch wood. Personally I wouldn't touch a dealer, I'd ring around a few independents, see what they say & how they'd cost to have a look or an good auto electrician. Hope you get sorted.
-
Another Oil Consumption Topic
I've owned many cars in the past that have used noticeable oil between changes. This is my third mk3 Octavia 1.5tsi, none of which up to now have used any noticeable oil between changes, I always change my oil yearly, under 10k, too. The highest mileage one I've owned had 75k on the clock when I part exchanged it for my current 20 plate 1.5tsi sel dsg, which now has 47k on the clock.