-
barn find felicia pickup.
Bought a new cylinder from a local motor factor, then tried to buy a matching one from ebay (the factor could only get one) and the ebay lads said 'are you sure? that's not the right one'. and we discovered that my old pistons are 22mm and the one the factor gave me was a 19.5mm for an ABS car. My truck is too old and **** for that kind of disaster preparedness. The ebay dude VERY kindly gave me the correct part number which has now gone via autodoc (hmm) and evri (eurgh) and hopefully in a few days we'll have working rear brakes again. No sills ordered yet, I need to wait for payday.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Been a minute, sorry. I got some mild confidence and tried to weld that patch in, but the sill is just tissue paper, I can't get any weld on it without it blowing itself to death. I'm going to cut my losses and buy two complete outer sills and go mental with the angle grinder. I do wonder if I need to brace anything first though. That job being trashed I figured I'd get it off axle stands for a bit. So my neighbour and I started bleeding the brakes, that's when we found out both rear wheel cylinders were seized, yay. Better than that, the bleeder on the back left just went PING and sheered off. Yay. The BESTESTS thing was that when we got the first drum off we found the hub nut was LOOSE (face palm emoji) but anyway the mess inside was like: Only ONE broken spring, heh. We got it all wrestled off but had to drill out the bolts for the brake cylinder. That's just crap on the axle thingy, it's not actually knackered. The process of trying to free the pistons from the second cylinder broke it but also look at the STATE of these things: Soooo crunchy We popped to the local motor factors and ordered a cylinder to see if it would match up, and got new shoes and springs, we left the old ones sprung up as references: In an effort to cheer up, I wired in the second VIBE BLACKAIR T12 sub and fired up the stereo. When it was just one it was ok but a bit borderline, two however has the ability to get slightly uncomfortable which means there's enough bass it gives me more enthusiasm to keep chucking money into this PIT in the hope I can drive it one year.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
It's not raining today, weird. Dropped the tail gate off because it's trying to blow out on the bottom edge and I don't want that to get worse, also will be WAY easier to repair off the truck. This gets us further away from MOT of course, because now I don't have a rear licence plate. Got some of the middle structure welded back in, so there's SOME strength in this back end of the sill. I'm not going to post a picture of what happened to my shoulder and neck, but molten steel is VERY hot and goes quite a long way into your skin, doesn't it? My bacon smells overdone, I think these tracks are going to be in my skin forever. I was wearing full overalls, welding mask, cap, and gloves; but the molten trickles are cleverer than me, I got got. sad face emoji. not to let that drama get the better of me I've started work on closing panels for the outer sill: I'll hold off welding that till I've made the one for the other side. Then it's just plating the inside of the arch and building a return for the end of the sill. I should be able to get my jack stand under THIS bit then, and repair the larger but simpler section which I can't get at right now because the stand is in the way. I'm happy to be making a bit of progress again anyway.
-
VW Caddy mk2 (Felicia) Pick-Up 1.8T
i hardly understand any of this, my tailgate is rotting and i want to cry. what's the checkerplate deck doing for you? it's interesting.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
I've not given up, but I have slowed down, I bet none of you noticed. But I've jacked it up twice as high and it's WAY easier to get under now, my neighbour also loaned me a wheely sled thing which makes scooting in and out easier. Hopefully I can actually get in and rebuild some sill in the next few weeks. I'm feeling like I can make some progress again.
-
Dension hard disk head unit
I got a dh100ix a week or two back and it came with a dmp3a. They’re now cabled together and I’ve got a 128GB MSATA SSD in the dmp3a which sends the music and metadata to the dh100ix It sounds really really good. My only sadness is that I don’t have the dmp3c (compact) that you can slide into the dh100ix behind the flip down front. If anyone has one lying around I have pennies… I wonder if anyone from this thread is still on the forum
-
skoda_cat started following Dension hard disk head unit
-
barn find felicia pickup.
It's kicking my ass. I've got the brake pipe unions apart, that's the easiest bit. I need to get the fuel tank out to access the axle bolt heads, and to drop the tank the handbrake needs to come out. I've got ONE of the bolts out from the top, but the other is STUUUUCCCKKK, and i believe i need to undo nuts on the bottom of the back pair, but they're fully SLATHERED in thick rubber underseal, sob. I thought I could get this thing done in a day, but I'm three days in and achieved NOTHING. Hahahahaha. I did get an impact gun drrrrrrr thing which is super fun, but hells the rains of rust.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Woohoo, this lot should help hide some crimes and make some repairs look a bit more professional for the MOT man. No doubt it will take me another year to get all this welded in, but it feels like a step towards road legality all the same.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
I've got a load of repair panels paid for which should hopefully ship on weds, should be enough to get an MOT on this rotten mess. Best bit, they CAN get a bed repair and brand new tailgate protector using https://matkoakubko.com/ which I will be doing as a celebration the same week that the truck gets an MOT. Is this the year it happens?! Frogparts so far seem INCREDIBLE.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Awwww, they'll post seemingly ANYTHING to me except the gold-dust truck bed floor. I might actually have a go on a driving holiday to the czech republic, hahahahaha.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Why did none of you tell me about frogparts? Am I going to get beaten to **** on import duty?
-
barn find felicia pickup.
I had to use this inappropriate hammer to SMACK this lifting cup out of the hole it was rusted into with copious penetrating oil. But with some light polishing and some lithium grease it spins like a top now, woo. It won't stop raining so I can't welllldddddddd. That's not even my jack, it's just on permanent loan. at least I get to restore SOMETHING.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
sadly for you. Good luck with your explorations.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Yeh, as you face the front of the car, with the bonnet open obviously, the drain is at the right hand side of the block at the bottom of the cooling jacket around the cylinders. It just looks like a bolt, it’s probably easier to SEE from under the car but only if you have the deflector plate removed but if you fumble around under there you’ll find something like a bolt head, because it’s a bolt :p The channel inside goes in pretty deep, I had a wee rummage inside and a lot of snot eventually came out, followed by all the water I’d put in. There’s pictures of it somewhere in this thread (page 2, it’s just under the valve cover plate) I recall thinking it was on the bottom of the engine but it’s on the front, the engine leans slightly forwards I think though. Good luck. For the thread: the polo passed mot, no advisories.
-
barn find felicia pickup.
entropy is such an arse, I've been welding on the polo for it's mot.