Skip to content

nick6262

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Was the old screen bad well? I managed to get mine done remotely with a lot of hacking and me buying a UART board and a very helpful bloke in Telegram. I spent a few days beforehand driving around listening to a Bluetooth speaker in the car and hoped I wouldn't have to access anything on the screen
  2. I feel much better about my fill up at the weekend. No pre auth here.
  3. Long press on the power button, screen will go dark and then keep pressing to reset. I felt exactly the same when I messed mine up. There are many helpful people in the telegram group that can advise if still wonky.
  4. they aren't both 8" though? One is 8" and the other has a 6" screen - it has a massive bezel around it. (also I sold my 3V0919606 for £40 on eBay so you can still get something for them)
  5. I really like mine. I pretty much only use Android Auto so don't miss the physical buttons. Just make sure you use a good SD card. Pretty sure mine was a fake and didn't have the capacity it claimed so the installation files weren't actually on it.
  6. That was no passengers - only a full boot and roofbox. This is the empty height.
  7. Superb did a great job being loaded up for camping. However I am thinking the rear springs and shocks could do with a refresh as it was looking very low whilst loaded up.
  8. The connection is inside the rear pillar. You pop off the trim in the car, unplug, pull off grommet, pull cable through. See this Youtube video I used
  9. New struts purchased and installed. £80 for a pair on ebay shipped next day from the UK. Popped old ones off, popper new ones on. Job done. Will give away the old struts if anyone wants them and can do a better repair job than me.
  10. Left tail gate strut failed - lots of beeping not much moving. Popped it off to find the wires have broken. Quick + dirty repair to make it work again whilst I order replacements.
  11. How much effort was the initial fitting? If love a usb socket in the arm rest cubby as I use wireless android auto and could do with keeping phone cool. Also it means I can close the little cover over the usb/12 V socket and make things look tidy. As an aside the power tailgate seems to have stopped working today. Goes up about 1/3rd of the way and stops and beeps. Won't go up or down. Just beeps 3 times. Can move it down a bit and the the button will close it. OBD11 gives an error message: Hall sensor in motor 1 for rear hatch - B121115 I've got a warranty from the dealership so hopefully they can sort - feels wrong though. I've always fixed all my own previous car problems
  12. there's an option for a fold flat seat - but I think not many people took it or no-one knows about it
  13. I do miss the ability to drop the passenger seat from my old V70R. Also miss the boxiness of the boot - not sure the Superb could get 4 * 18" wheels + tyres without dropping the seats. (I do not miss the fuel bills or the funny looks I'd get when trying to navigate tight car parks)
  14. there are a few threads on here about retrofitting https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/416902-oem-towbar-retrofit/ This looks like the full set but you might have a bit of a road trip to get it. https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3v9092160d-towing-equipment-for-the-estate-skoda-35443.html
  15. Turns out magnetic brown isn't quite as good. A house down the street is getting a load of building work done and they managed to cover all the cars on the road with a load of dust.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.