Skip to content

skoda998

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by skoda998

  1. I've seen threads on this forum about leaking sunroofs/drain holes etc. but I assume this does not apply to the fixed panoramic roof? Am I right in thinking that karoq panoramic roofs are now fixed?
  2. I'm thinking about a new or nearly new Karoq 1.5 and would like to make sure I get the best ride comfort available. Would this be with an SE l or the Sportline with DCC on its softest setting? Any comparisons or comments on either model would be appreciated
  3. My Kamiq was registered in November 2024, but was last serviced in September 2025. In order to satisfy the new car warranty conditions, do I need to have it serviced in September or can it wait until November. Is it strictly 12 monthly service required?
  4. Can anyone please advise what main dealers charge for the second service on a 2 year old car, low mileage. I live in South Yorkshire
  5. Skoda only cover clutches for 6 months/65000 miles from new, such is their faith in their product. Another reason to go DSG
  6. My daughter was out in the Kamiq last night and the car slammed the brakes on unexpectedly, stopping the car.. There was a motorbike waiting to emerge from a side street on the left side but he was stationary, waiting at the junction. There was a car behind her and it was a close call, as the car was quite near. My daughter was badly shaken up. These safety features seem to be equally capable of causing an accident as preventing one. We can disable this feature on a temporary basis (quite a few steps in the screen) , but can it be done permanently?
  7. My wife's Kamiq had a low remote battery warning come up. I've checked the battery in the remote key and it's 2.97V. Is that classed as low and in need of replacement?
  8. It's all very well giving them female names, but when they break, the swear words tend to be worse.
  9. I'm sure it's not difficult, I jst want to know where the release is. I was thinking more about being able to push it to a safe place until a recovery man arrives. I heard of one person who got stuck in a McDonalds drive through for over an hour. It didn't go down very well.
  10. Having read about the difficulties experienced by someone else following a breakdown, I want to make sure we can put my wife's automatic 2024 Kamiq into neutral, so it can be moved in the event of a breakdown. I've looked at the manual and it says to prise the gap at the rear of the gearlever to revel a lever underneath. I can't see a gap in the gaiter and don't want to start messing around in case I damage it. Has anyone ever tried this?
  11. How do you service an electric car "engine"?
  12. Sorted thanks, I needed to complete registration, which it has now done.
  13. It seems it needed me to complete the registration process. I'm struggling, as I've entered the code it provided into the infotainment system and it won't progress any further. It also won't let me come out of it to start again. Very frustrating
  14. My 9 month old Kamiq, new to me this week has a problem. Bluetooth will not turn on. I also tried the skoda connect button (with spanner symbol) and it says it has been deactivated/ is not available. Can anyone tell me what's going on? thanks in advance
  15. Logiclee, is this based on a recent experience?
  16. Kenny, do you know this from recent experience? Things have a habit of changing. Thanks
  17. I keep getting conflicting information on this. A few have said cancellation loses the perks, settling does not because I would have kept to the terms of the agreement rather than cancelling it.
  18. So I'm 8 days into a PCP agreement and want a settlement figure. Skoda will not give me a figure until the 14 days cancellation period is up. I'm informed that on the 25th I'll get a settlement figure, which will have 58 days interest added. Not the end of the world but I've read the terms and conditions and there is no mention of this. I expect to pay a daily interest rate and that's it. I'm not arguing the point until the 25th, as there's no point. Anyone have any better information on this or thoughts?
  19. Thank you, I know how it works. The numbers are staggering. Either we are a VERY sick nation or we are overly generous and tens of thousands know how to game the system. No wonder the country has no money.
  20. One in five new cars is now paid for by the taxpayer, bought through Motability. Literally unbelievable.
  21. The problem is that I thought it traditional for all the wheels to be the same diameter. Who knows what mechanical damage could result from one odd sized wheel, especially on the driven wheels at the front?
  22. I've looked again and the profile on the 16" spare is 60. I'm now told by a Skoda service department (very helpful chap) that the ideal size for the 16" spare would be 65 profile, which would bring it closer to the 55 profile of the 17" alloys. Not sure whether it's a problem or not. Can anyone please advise what size they have with 17" wheels?
  23. I just had a skoda kamiq delivered , which has 17" wheels. The spare wheel is 16", and having checked, definitely has a smaller rolling radius of 1 inch or so. This can't be right surely?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.