Skip to content

skoda998

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by skoda998

  1. Quick afterthought. What if you don't "cancel" the finance, but settle after, say a week?
  2. Thank you for that. It being a newish car the only perk is the two free services and frankly it doesn't seem worth the hassle. I'll probably end up paying cash. Thank you for the feedback, I've had all sorts of conflicting advice, but yours seems the most likely outcome.
  3. I got the dealer to send me a copy of the terms and conditions. No indication how long it takes to get a settlement figure, no description of any charges, no mention of rescinding of any perks. Still a bit confused as to whether I should cancel or settle.
  4. The problem I have is that I can't find the terms and conditions of the PCP agreements anywhere online
  5. More confused now, whether it's better to cancel or withdraw. At what point are you registered for the the free services?
  6. I'm thinking of buying a nearly new Skoda Karoq and am tempted to take it on PCP with Skoda Finance because of the benefits, ( 2 x services, 2 year recovery etc) and then cancel within 14 days. This is a tactic I genuinely would usually avoid as unethical but in this case, I resent the fact that they push people into debt for the sake of some commission. Has anyone done this recently, and did they retain the benefits that came with it after cancellation?
  7. I'm considering a Fabia for my wife, up to 2 years old. Is it worth seeking out the more powerful 115 bhp engine? Does economy suffer with the higher output engine at all?
  8. She refuses to try my Q5 (too big). I was going to hire a small auto for a week, but although the charges are reasonable, the excesses and insurance to reduce the excesses are ridiculous
  9. Has anyone driven or preferably owned both a Polo Tsi and a Fabia Tsi? Which is the better car?
  10. Looking for a Fabia TSI , max 2 years old. Undecided between a manual or an auto. It's for my wife, who's never driven an auto. A DSG box suits my Q5 but does it suit a small car like the Fabia? One reason to go auto is that Skoda only guarantee clutches for 6 months (which is shocking in my view) Recommendations?
  11. Thank you, do you mean the 1.0 is very nippy?
  12. I'm considering a Kamiq for my wife and daughter to use. It'll be used mainly for short trips, my daughter does a 10 mile round trip twice a day. Can anyone please advise the likely real mpg returns for either the 1.0 litre or the 1.5 , or both?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.