-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Nottslan Yes. my car was new with 5 miles on the clock.
- Hi All
-
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Nottsian I dont know the name of the hill but its the steep,long one on the M5 not very far from Torquay. My Karoq is not high useage buy any means [ 5600 miles in 18 months] and im beginning to dislike it more every day I use it. we have a very small gradient on the approach road to our street and the car s revving at 3000rpm in 2nd gear unless I use the flappy paddles. The Wifes Fabia DSG is in 4th on the same road. For the life of me I cant understand why a much less powerful car can be in a higher gear than the Karoq under identical conditions. The fabia is in top in no time at all, mine just seems to hold on in a low gear for as long as possible.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Thanks Rbz5416, excuse my ignorance but how do you do that?
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I drove a Karoq SEL DSG demonstator a couple of years ago and Im certain the gear changes felt entirely different to my edition model I own now.The changes are nice and smooth but the car revs far to much for my liking. I suspect some changes have been made at tthe factory for some bizarre reason. It bothered my so much I tried my dealers new demonstrator to see if was the same as mine and it was. Mine also displays M when using the paddles and I definitely wasnt in sport mode when it changed down
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
thamestrader I was actually in drive when I braked at 75 mph to slow on the M5 near Torquay as the speed was increasing on the slope. Had to use the flappy paddles to put back into 7th. I find the only way to get the car to change gear at sensible revs is to use a really light throttle. My previous Scala 1.5 DSG was a completely different beast when it came to gear changing. Had a new manual Fabia colour edition as a loan car when mine went in for service and that car was telling me to change gear about 2000rpm!
-
Long term lurker - about time I joined
Hi Giles and welcome, not to far away from you in Gloucestershire.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
The DSG issue drives me mad! I noticed from day one on my Karoq SEL how it revs so much before changing gear. My wifes 2024 Fabia changes at about 2000 rpm when driving . Also had the Karoq change down at about 75 mph on the Motorway when braking going downhill in Devon! Have been thinking about a change of manufacturer myself after 20 odd years of Skoda ownership.
-
Karoq guide - engine advice and infotainment issues?
Had a problem with my 2025 karoqs infotainment system about 2 months into ownership from new. The car was at the dealers for about a week, apparently the part required was one of only two in the country and needed setting up to my particular car. Sorry, Im no technophobe so cant elaborate on it but its not something you want or expect on a new car. From memory I think the dealership said it would have cost me about £ 1200 if not under warranty.
-
Am I alone in thinking Skoda are not as good as in the past.....
Tend to agree, not as good as they used to be. I've had various Skodas since 2002 [all purchased new ] starting with a Fabia Elegance TDI estate and now on a 2025 Karoq 1.5 SEL which has already had warranty repairs on some weird problem with the infotainment display. Dont have the same faith in them as I used to.
-
Newby Hi 👋
Welcome back jeepyboy!
-
Fuel Consumption
Its not my car, its Modders. The reason I ask is I dont think Coasting worked on my 2021 1.5 DSG Scala in Sport mode but maybe changed on the 2025 MY. Anyway, seriously impressive fuel consumption.
-
Fuel Consumption
Does Coasting work in sport mode??
- Hello, again
- My first Skoda
minsy
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited