Skip to content

minimumcharacters

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by minimumcharacters

  1. It’s 100% not a brake pad issue. It’s the mild hybrid system causing it.
  2. My troubleshooting has identified rubbing in the exact same area. I’m going to see if the seals can be replaced.
  3. I have the same problem and lubricating the top door seals with Liqui Moly or AutoGlym rubber care makes the problem go away but only temporarily. Noise stops if I crack the window open even the tiniest amount of. If I stand outside the car and push on the top of the window frame it creaks very badly so I am assuming this is the issue. So @Marcinek do you know which way they adjusted the striker?
  4. I guess you can ask them to look at it in 6 months then. 🤷🏽‍♂️
  5. I think it’s probably worse on some vehicles. Mine was a long term hire car and it’s gone back so not an issue for me anymore but if I had bought one I would have rejected it. 5 weeks old you can’t just hand it back for a full refund (outside the 30 day window now) but you can still reject if you give them one opportunity to resolve and they don’t manage to fix it.
  6. Thanks. Makes sense. I’ll check it out once it starts getting dark again!
  7. Has anyone managed to get Škoda to recognise this as an issue? It most certainly is not a characteristic of the car. The mild hybrid system will undoubtedly alter the feel of the brakes compared to a regular system but this issue , which is only apparent on some vehicles, makes the car virtually undriveable in my opinion.
  8. Yes presumably it’s the Matrix LEDs, but what is the difference between Normal and Sport modes?
  9. Thanks! What about the light assist?
  10. Does anyone know the answer to this? I can find no mention of it anywhere in the manual and it’s pretty pointless if nobody knows what the setting does. It has these options on my 2026 Kodiaq Sportline.
  11. Don't connect the Ohme to the API of the car - it's notoriously unreliable even when you do manage to get it connected. Ohme themselves do not recommend it either. Connect the Ohme to your energy provider account and then control the charging from there or the Ohme.
  12. When I try to save the target temperature in the app I get an error saying the target temperature cannot be set. I have logged this with Skoda support and they say a dealer needs to perform a special software update. I’m reluctant to allow this as I’m concerned it may make things worse. I can put up with it as it’s only a minor inconvenience compared to a whole load of stuff broken by a software update! I’m keen to know if anyone else has seen this. All other app functionality seems fine and I can start the climate control remotely etc. I just can’t change the temp from the app. Basically in the app you select the Climate control screen and change the target temp using the +/- buttons and hit save. It thinks about it then comes up with the error. Could someone try this and report back? Thanks
  13. Insist they take it for a drive with you in the passenger seat and then challenge them to bring it to a stop smoothly. Show them this actual thread. It’s extremely dismissive to make glib comments like internet forums are just full of angry people wanting to complain. That’s *******s quite frankly.
  14. I would not be taking no for an answer as it makes the car almost undriveable in my opinion. Especially as the new Sportline I have has no such issues. Show them this thread. Ring Škoda too.
  15. Its under battery protection or something in the infotainment. There is a button there to stop it re-enabling after every charge.
  16. I would check that you have all air vents open and pointed straight into the car. Possibly strong airflow is causing the interior motion detector to be triggered.
  17. Start the stationary air conditioning.
  18. New Sportline arrived today. 😎 Very happy to report that the brakes are absolutely fine. As is the rest of the car. It’s lovely in fact! 👍
  19. I would delete the car and potentially unlink the Ohme from Octopus and then start again but just link the Ohme to Octopus. Let Octopus drive the Ohme and let Ohme manage the charging. The car API integration is notoriously flaky (with VAG group being one of the worst) and even Ohme don't recommend linking the charger to the car API. Have you followed these steps: How to reset the connection with my car app account (API) - Ohme EV If you only want to charge to 80% then use the car to limit this rather than IOG.
  20. I am currently driving an SE 1.5TSI and it coasts often. Sometimes it also goes into 2 cylinder mode. Not sure that not being able to turn off the speed limit signs in the dash would make me sell the car though. Each to their own. 🤷‍♂️
  21. Sounds like a dodgy switch. Get it checked at a dealer maybe...
  22. I've looked a t a few used on the Skoda website and seemingly anything registered before Oct 25 doesn't have a heated screen as part of the Winter Pack but cars registered from about Oct onwards all appear to have a heated screen so I should be OK. 😎
  23. Yeah they must be 2025 cars (That pdf attachment doesn't work for some reason - it thinks it is an image but it is in pdf format by the looks of it..🤷‍♂️) So when did they start building 2026 MY cars (hopefully mine is a 2026 MY if it's not even been registered yet).

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.