Skip to content

BoxerBoy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BoxerBoy

  1. That's a year's worth of fuel for some. Or a lot of hotel rooms for others. Or, or, or . . . . . . . . . Choices, choices!
  2. Aren’t they all the same? Vehicle / Settings / Time Click
  3. My hot wheel was brilliant today
  4. My car is falling apart before me One wiper spindle is showing significant rust, while the other looks ok. That’ll be an interesting chat with the dealer if I ever get there. Only 2,400 miles btw since March due to the Bug. But hoping to add at least a 1,000 this month.
  5. I’ve changed batteries on previous cars without a wrestling (and swearing) match. I’ve also read the useful Key Fob threads in the Octavia page, but my key fob internals have a different layout. Having seen the Low Batt message a few times on the dash in recent weeks I decided to open my 3 fobs and select the best battery for my No.1 key. Expecting all 3 to last another month till departure day. So I did RTFM. Surprisingly, Fob 1 opened up without much difficulty, but no way could I get 2 and 3 to open. Brute force in the wrong place of course was going to break something (expensive). With hindsight I’m not really sure how I managed to pop No1 first time. Long story short - there’s a very special location for a narrow bladed screwdriver (or ex-screwdriver in my case) to slide up a “ramp” inside the fob and pop one end of the cover and allow it to be prised off without damage. The manual simply says “stick a screwdriver in and turn it” without providing the vital clue regarding precise location. No chance. All is revealed, literally, when you get it open.
  6. Don't **** about about here about "I wish" - "I want" - I dream" Who's put their money where their mouth is?? Me - SEL 190 4x4 DSG Quartz Grey. Plus a few extras. Due April. Please only post when you actually have the car

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.