Skip to content

Graham Butcher

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Graham Butcher

  1. Yeah, I managed to also kerb my nice new wheels parking outside my house, I had to come in at an acute angle due to how others had parked and I managed to kerb my OSF 🤢, only had the car a few days as well.
  2. That's about it, there were/are still some other scumbags who also lied through their teeth, remember cheaper food, clothes, fuel, VAT reductions, we did after all hold all the cards, err yah only we didn't.😒
  3. Well for years and years we have had it rammed down our throats about how we could not do this or that as it was against the club rules. Turns out the rules did not prevent us from doing any of it, it was our own people who prevented it and they forgot that once we out of the "club" that they should stop their side rackets, which of course they didn't and now hopefully people can see where the blame for our situation belongs and next time we get the chance, show them the door.
  4. Has anyone tried a silicone spray on the areas where plastics or leather seem to be creaking/groaning as it seems to me at least that the noises appear when cornering and a leg or something exerts a pressure on the trim parts, i.e., the armrest etc. I have already pulled the bottom off the centre armrest and made if you will, a gasket out of a thin foam sheet purchased from Hobbycraft and while it has reduced the noise coming from the armrest, it's completely gone. Will the silicone react in anyway with leather / plastic, I don't think so but does everyone think?
  5. Yes, the beam pattern is changing according to speed and also the cornering function is all OK. I did originally think that they were not functioning with the beams spreading etc as I was unable to see change in light pattern when stopping behind other cars. On my old mk2 I was always able to watch them change their pattern on the back of the car in front, but it seems that this car does it before I actually stop?
  6. Thanks, I feel a revisit to Halfords tomorrow for another go at fixing it. TBH, that is just as I remember my Mk2 L&K as being, hence why I wanted another L&K and of course it had to have Xenon lamps, once experienced nothing else will do.
  7. Is it just me or does anyone get the feeling that we are really suffering big time with price inflation as a result of the dreaded B word?
  8. When I drove this car for first time at night I was appalled at the P*** poor lights, dipped beam was aimed squarely at about 5-7 metres in front of the car and leaving a massive pool of light with distinct cut off line leaving the rest of the road in total blackness, making driving with dipped lights in the country roads almost impossible above 20-30mph. The lights were not even picking parked cars reflectors or number plates, they just loomed up suddenly right of you. I set about adjusting them but couldn't get them right and ending up being flashed a few times. So today I took the car to my local Halfords and asked them to align them using their equipment. The guy who did them said that they were bother pointing skywards but were OK now. So tonight I thought I'd try them, well blow me down with a feather, they are right back were they were, surely that cannot be right? On my Mk2 which also had Xenon lamps, I had really good light spread on dipped beam and could ion country roads happily drive for extended periods on dipped beams in perfect safety, and never got flashed once. On full beam they were just great, sure they also lit up tree canopies and would certainly dazzled on coming drivers, but not when dipped. Now I had that Mk2 for almost 10 years and it just sailed through its MOT test each year so they headlights must have been just fine. What do other owners with Xenon think of the attached photo that my son took, just before we lost all daylight, do these look right to you? There is zero light spread beyond the distinct cut off, meaning that a few more minutes and it would not have been possible to tell that there was any trees there any hint of the upcoming right hand bend.
  9. Just glad you got it finally resolved.
  10. Thank you, so it seems to be intentional then, I thought that it would have been the same as the others, so now I'm guessing that it must be part of the design of the Euro 6 diesels?
  11. I've studied this a bit more tonight, start the car and it goes to 800rpm and idles nicely, slip into gear, still idles at 800, release parking brake, stays at 800, release footbrake, no throttle and it jumps to 1000rpm, footbrake on, returns to 800rpm, is that the normal behaviour for a mk3 ?
  12. Mine doesn't have the adblu, so that's an expense saved, and VED has dropped from £185 to just £35 a year, "winner winner chicken dinner" 😃
  13. On my way home from Mansfield, I actually achieved 66.9 mpg, well I say achieved, I actually did more but my sons phone ran out of power so he was not able to capture it.
  14. How much did you have to top up by then?
  15. I seem to recall from one of my Mk1 Superb's that the information was provided by Classic FM? If I recall correctly, when you first took delivery of a new car, you had tell the system which station was broadcasting the service?
  16. That is what I thought at first, but if you think about it more, is it? The diesels have plenty of bottom end grunt and I've known a DSG car to to stall? Yours is even a 190 with 40 more horses than mine so it should be OK. I was wandering if it's got something to with a being a Euro 6 engine as opposed to a Euro 5? Another thing I have noticed is that the Xenon headlights do their little dance routine when you first switch them on and they react to the steering inputs when driving, but I don't see any evidence of them reacting to type of road, i.e., urban or highway at all. In my Mk2, when I pulled up behind another car at traffic lights etc, I could see the headlight beams returning to their straight ahead position from their urban wide beam mode. Does the Mk3 not have this feature or has mine got a problem in that dept.?
  17. Well, I'm going to give it a go if I can locate some foam in my local craft shop, and I'll let you know if it cures it. I'm not going to be touching the door cards at the moment, I'll wait until the 3 months warranty has expired before touching those, just in case anything should break while I'm in there. Interestingly, I thought I'd have a check to see if the other 4 Superb's I've had are still on the road, the first one, in 2004, light blue was replaced in 2007, appears to have been scrapped in 2008 🙄. The second one in 2007, in cappuccino, replaced in 2010, also seems to have met its maker in 2011 🙄. The third one in 2010 was in amethyst purple, replaced again in 2013, is also.. no it's still on the road somewhere. And the fourth one arrived in 2013, petrol blue, I purchased that 2016 when I retired and ran it until it got written off for me 🙄 2 months ago. So this Mk3 is now my 5th Superb, so I guess you could say that I love them.
  18. The small bump stops are present on mine, and if I pry the plastic bottom off the actual armrest, the creaking from it seems to stop if I pull it up 1 notch. I'm thinking about packing some thin foam or similar in between them to see if that stops it. I have also noticed that if I rest my knee against the door card, that the door also creaks a bit then, it is so annoying when previous 4 cars never did that.
  19. My new to me Mk3 appears to be operating differently to the way my Mk2 used to, is the normal behaviour for a Euro 6 diesel? It starts and ticks over @800RPM, select drive or reverse and this increases to 1,000RPM instantly?. Also the Mk2 (6 speed DSG) always got into 6th gear as soon as it could whereas the Mk3 seems to have taller ratios and never gets into 6th until its doing approx. 50mph whereas the the Mk2 would be in 6th around 35mph mark, both are 6 speed DSG's, so are the Mk3's enjoying a higher gear ratio now?
  20. Same thing here as well, I was going to ask here if there was something I was supposed to be doing to make it work in this car. It has always worked flawlessly in my previous cars.
  21. No, I can't post it openly, much as I would love to, the company I'm with will not allow their members to flood forums with these links. Full disclosure here, I have to sent anybody who wants one, a personalised link and if that person then joins, I get an introduction fee as a reward. Then that new member will after a while get invited to send out personalised links to try and earn their own introduction fees. That is I believe to be respected and then anybody, who like me, think it is a good idea and can genuinely save money are free to do their own invites to their friends etc. If we kill it stone dead, then the scheme will cease to operate I'm sure.😇
  22. Have you paid yet?, send me a PM and I'll ping you back a dedicated link that may get you a better price, well worth a try.
  23. I pulled the bottom section of the actual armrest off last night and the creaking stopped, so it is something rubbing either between the top and bottom of the rest against each other, or the bottom part of the of the rest and the sides of the storage cubby beneath it. I might packing it out with some foam draught excluder , perhaps starting with the parts that are touching the cubby sides.
  24. Yesterday I got my hands on my replacement car and during the long 145 mile drive home I noticed a few creaks, groans and squeaks that appear to be coming from the central console unit. Now this might well be pretty much common for this model 2016, but as it's a L&K its beginning to annoy a little bit, especially as my other Superbs (4 so far) this being my 5th, and none of the others had any rattles, squeaks, groans or creaks, but they were also brand new cars and replaced at 3 years each. That being said, my last L&K Mk2 was 9 and a half years old without any such noises, so I was wondering if this is normal for a MK3 or not? Another thing is that this 110HP diesel seems to be so much more noisy than the old 170HP in the MK2, is that the case that new ones are noisier or is by product of the weight saving maybe, i.e., the sound deadening is a little less efficient than the older ones? 🤔

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.