TV Tuner

Has anyone fitted a TV tuner into a new octavia or any other skoda for that matter?? If so, what type and where is it installed??

I am asking as I am looking at getting an MFD3 and ideally would like this done at the same time. Anyone that has done it even with an MFD2 please let me know.

Thanks

I've got a TV tuner in mine but it's on a Pioneer AVIC D3 ICE. The freeview box (unbranded model but comes on saying CCO multimedia) is neatly hidden under the passenger front seat. The remote sensor is on the centre console next to the ICE. The TV aerials are on the front windscreen in the top corners and completely invisible unless really looking for them.

The picture quality is great but occasionally gets interferance if you "accidently" switch it on when driving at motorway speeds (bizarrely loses signal at Blackhill in Scotland - next to the transmitters!). Remember that it is illegal to view a moving picture when the vehicle is in motion.

Pretty sure VRStu can advise about the MFD situation... i know of a German company doing doofers when i looked into it for a family member with an Audi MMS system.

I suspect the freeview box is a "cost effective" model like those you mention on eBay. One mistake i made from my end is that the manufacturer is CKO, not CCO. Also the aerials are stcuk to the glass so not sure what you mean by magnetic.... only print on them is "20db TV Antenna Amplifier"

Here are some pics:

Aerial from outside:

nd20t5.jpg

Aerial from Inside:

27ytwl2.jpg

TV Boot up Screen (with remote receiver at left of screen):

2w2lxzn.jpg

TV Pic (BBC One Scotland)

25gdspd.jpg

IPod Music Player

34j68a0.jpg

Ipod Video Player (The Simpsons Movie)