Heavy Over-revving

Fabiaulous

Whilst manouvering through the mayhem of my local multi-storey car park today, I got stuck on an incredibly steep up ramp. Then I stalled the motor. So I banged on the handbrake and did the whole 'hand-brake start on a hill' routine.

But either due to my general incompetence or for fear of rolling back into the ludicrously expensive looking Beamer behind me, I mis-judged something and we went up that steep ramp in first gear accompanied by engine noise that sounded like World War 3 in a baked bean can, after which the air was filled with an aroma I can only describe as barbecued cat crap.

So, question: Although we got home okay and the motor seemed ok, is there anything I should/can check for myself? I've got a bloody long trip to do tomorrow and I don't fancy chucking a piston on the motorway. Am I over-reacting, or is there a risk of long term damage here? The victim in question is a 2005 1.4 Fab (see sig).

Cheers gang, any advice is most appreciated. :D

I once had to reverse an astra van 1/4 mile up a narrow steep dirt track (my mate who was navigating said we could drive down it no problem, until we reached a 1 foot drop!), thought it had caught fire by the time I got back to the road.