Modified insurance for Octavia 4x4 with remap/lowered/wheels/interior

was8v

Hi everyone!

I currently own a Corrado VR6 (190BHP) but its getting a little, shall we say delicate for daily use and 15k miles a year (every week seems to bring more issues).

My parents and sister have had a few fabias and I'm well impressed with the build quality. I was going to get a Mk4 Golf V6 4 motion or GTI 1.8T but can't help but feel you get the same car with a cheaper purchase price and insurance with the Skoda badge.

I really wish Skoda did a 24v V6 4x4 octavia, that would be a true performance bargain!

However I plan to buy an Octavia 4x4 1.8T (150bhp) and mod as follows:

Suspension kit (prob eibach springs and R32 ARBs)

Wheels (poss VRS or BBS LM replica)

Remap to 190bhp

MK4 Golf GTI or similar seats (will the rears fit?)

R32 Steering wheel.

I know its not going to be as quick as my corrado or sound as good, but the mods should have it handling and going well.

Anyway ahving never had a modified car I was hoping for advice on the insurance implications of the above mods - i.e. how much it will likely add to the policy?