Wet carpets.

After all the rain we have had I just looked under the mats on the driver’s side to find they are very damp.

I no I have been in and out of the car with wet shoes is it possible that over a period of time that water has soaked though the mats and on to the carpets?

Or is there a leak?

It's not something I have noticed with my Roomy but every other Vag car I have owned and many others have had issues with leaking door seals.

You might want to get the dealer to investigate or even try the old pressure washer test yourself.

That was going to be my next move. I take it that a hose would work ok as i dont have a preassure washer.

Of course, failing that go to Tescos and wash the car!

Might be leaking door seals, I heard many problems in other Skoda forums...

So far, I've never experineced such a thing. Even the car has been washed with pressure washer every week since Nov 2006.

Thanks everybody.

The doors have been open all day but the carpets are still very wet if you push down on the carpets your hand gets soaked.

I was hoping to get them dry today so I could start some investigation work but not so.

I am very tempted to take it to the dealers I have only had the car since April.

Do these problems ever get resolved properly?

I think you should take it to the dealers. It would have to rain buckets inside the car for the mats to be that damp as there is a good inch of underlay and sound deadening under the carpet itself.

The car has been at the dealers since Wednesday, they phoned on Thursday afternoon to say that the water is coming in though the bulk head some where they have not yet found the spot.

Going to pick up a courtesy car on Saturday morning.

At least it is progressing in the right direction.

Just picked up my car from the dealers. They say that the problem is sorted. The water was coming in though the bulk head. Something to do with an area where the cables go though the bulk head. there was not enough sealent on it so after a period of time the water was coming though. It is pouring with rain here at the moment so i will soon see if it has been sorted.

The gave my car a full valet which was nice. This is the first time Skoda have come across this problem. I will let you know what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Just a note to the 'testers'

Do not use a pressure washer to chack for water leaks. Its kind of an unfair test as rain dont come down that hard and it can push water past seals that would normally hold up under rain and give a flase indication of where the leak is coming from. Normal garden hose with a rose attatchment is more than enough.

• 4 years later...

Had wet carpet passenger and drivers side on a 2012 reg Roomster ,took it back to dealer and they found Air Con drain blocked so water found its way into the foot wells .Fixed with new mats and underlay in 3 days ,well done Caffyns.