Does a 130 TDi run hot / excelleration noise

Hi all, I have owned my 130 TDi Superb for about a month now, it has 67k on it and its a 54 plate.

I have noticed lately that when driving around town the fan comes in quickly when im sat at lights, the temperature stays at 90 regardless, this is the first deisel ive owned and not sure if im just being paranoid, I have a friend who drive a Hyundia Tuscon who says his fan is nearly always on when sat still.

Also on the subject of being paranoid I have also noticed when accelerating in 4th or 5th gear from about 1300-1400 revs there is what I can only describe as a loud vibration/pinking sound, when i get up to speed the noice goes away and all sounds well, is this just another deisel thing or something to get checked out?

Cheers all

Also on the subject of being paranoid I have also noticed when excellerating in 4th or 5th gear from about 1300-1400 revs there is what I can only describe as a loud vibration/pinking sound, when i get up to speed the noice goes away and all sounds well, is this just another deisel thing or something to get checked out?

The vibration might well be the DMF Dual Mass Flywheel objecting to you accelerating hard from low revs.

Do a search for DMF etc.

What exactly is a "dual mass flywheel" ?: Motoring Discussion forum

Dual mass flywheels: Motoring Technical matters forum

I have search DMF as sudjested and from what i've read it sounds most likely and expensive too! I have also read many people just living with it and having no problems, is this advisable and how long can you go for as I dont appear to have any problem with the clutch?

I have search DMF as sudjested and from what i've read it sounds most likely and expensive too! I have also read many people just living with it and having no problems, is this advisable and how long can you go for as I dont appear to have any problem with the clutch?

Should be fine as long as you don't boot the car in too high a gear at too low revs.

I can make ours 'vibrate' in this way if I so choose - but it is being brutal with it :thumbdwn:

Learn to use lower gears and let the speed and revs build up before you change up.

Should be fine as long as you don't boot the car in too high a gear at too low revs.

I can make ours 'vibrate' in this way if I so choose - but it is being brutal with it :thumbdwn:

Learn to use lower gears and let the speed and revs build up before you change up.

Cheers, To be honest i do have to boot it to get it to make the vibrating noice, plus I have learnt to drive a bit more consertivaly if only for the fuel consumption! the reason I bought the car

Temp guage should sit right in the 12 o'clock position, car warms up very quick anyway.

Noise, when I 1st got mine I suspected the exhaust might be blown, what it is infact is this engine when pushed gives off a throaty note, I blew one deal out over it until I tested another and it was the same.