Dealers + New Superb = Not a clue??

Hi guys,

I went into my local Skoda dealer to order some touch up paint. While there I was chatting to one of the sales guys and the receptionist. I was commenting on how much I loved my Superb and was looking forward to the new one. The salesman said it was coming at the end of the year, around December and knew nothing about the twin door boot...and when I explained about it he reckoned it was impossible to do?

Riiight, I nearly got out my N95 and loaded up the skoda.co.uk website....

Please Skoda, sort the dealers out!!!

Got to think that a lot of it is down to poor procedures/training at the dealer you visited.

My local dealer is well up to speed on all aspects of the new Superb, and has shown me the current training materials which are available via their internal system. These cover all aspects of the new car, including the 'twin door'.

There are always going to be good dealers and not so good ones. The only way things will improve is if you provide feedback like this to Skoda. Unless we report poor service, it will never get better.

Bagpuss.

This is what ya want boys.....

I can categorically state that is exactly what I don't want. Vauxhalls just depress the hell out of me. The styling invariably looks dated as soon as they come out and the interiors are tat. I think the era they felt nearsest to their brand rivals would have been late 80s - early 90s. I think the mk3 cav was a reasonable car when it came out. But since then it's all been down hill.

In particular, that veritcal ridge down the middle of the back of the current astra looks rancid. My mrs drives the previous shape Corsa and I loathe it. The seat squab has these plastic bits down the side which dig into your thighs through the seat cushion as you corner. The switch gear is so crap it makes me feel sick to use and what is with those ribbed rubber boots on base of the steering wheel stalks? Come to think of it, even the handbook is crap.

The thing that I can never quite get my head around is that something so crap can come out of germany albeit with an opel badge.

I hate the names too... Zafira, Antara (have you seen one of those turds on wheels? I was behind one the other day and I had to overtake it as looking at the back of it was making me feel ill), Meriva. Dire, dire, dire! I hate those two fat square faced kids off the adverts too. And that slogan - 'Clever family cars from Vauxhall'. 's***y w**k cars from Vauxhall' more like.

I can categorically state that is exactly what I don't want. Vauxhalls just depress the hell out of me. The styling invariably looks dated as soon as they come out and the interiors are tat. I think the era they felt nearsest to their brand rivals would have been late 80s - early 90s. I think the mk3 cav was a reasonable car when it came out. But since then it's all been down hill.

In particular, that veritcal ridge down the middle of the back of the current astra looks rancid. My mrs drives the previous shape Corsa and I loathe it. The seat squab has these plastic bits down the side which dig into your thighs through the seat cushion as you corner. The switch gear is so crap it makes me feel sick to use and what is with those ribbed rubber boots on base of the steering wheel stalks? Come to think of it, even the handbook is crap.

The thing that I can never quite get my head around is that something so crap can come out of germany albeit with an opel badge.

I hate the names too... Zafira, Antara (have you seen one of those turds on wheels? I was behind one the other day and I had to overtake it as looking at the back of it was making me feel ill), Meriva. Dire, dire, dire! I hate those two fat square faced kids off the adverts too. And that slogan - 'Clever family cars from Vauxhall'. 's***y w**k cars from Vauxhall' more like.

Well I won't run the Superb down in response to that, but I feel you are just doing the plain negative thing that Clarkson does towards GM and VX in particular, I've ran them for 20 yrs now and they have always stood up to being a cab and parts are reasonable, and even the bad dealer's excel the 2 Skoda dealer's I've experienced so far, anyway back to the new Insignia on the inside as you can see it looks very stylish and well featured, on the outside imo it absolutely blows the bland styling of the new Superb away, there is a picture on Auto Express of it alongside a Mundullo and it makes the Ford look like an afterthought tbh, one reason I will be going back to a Griffin badged car is the same one Roto states....no real dealer backup and lets face it Skoda's dealer network with the exception of a few is absolutely carp.

I take it that's a no then :)

Top Rant - best I've read for a while :o)

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said that management have already seen vehicle in Czech anf that the sales execs are off to Portugal in the next week or so for the launch event. obviously the crap salespeople don't get to go, so they don't know anything about the car, so they are crap salespeaple and so it goes on!

Seriously, though he said UK launch was July and we chatted about BMW nicking the twin-door boot idea for the next/facelifted 5 series.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.