Fabia sidelights

Hi Jon...the bulbs are located quite deep into the headlamp unit.youll need small hands and lots of patience.The passenger side on my 1.9tdi was quite straight fwd but the drivers side took a while due to the engine bay being rather full.If you can get ur hand behind the bulb it releases quite easily with enough cable travel to change bulb...good luck

At the first time I couldn't managed take out too.

But, I used my both index finger to grab and pull hard the sidelight bulbholder. Don't try to pull it from the wiring, feel the sidelight bulb holder with your finger tips.

Now I've got LED bulbs ;)

dscn4177gn8.jpg

Oh ok, i will try a bit harder then i dont have the biggest hands in the world

cheers guys:thumbup:

yeah that does look soo much better then the stantard yellowish bulbs, i have a pair of white LEDs to fit, any 1 else got any headlight upgrade pictures?

I also upgraded my standart bulbs to Osram Night Breaker...

Result is significantly positive. The Osram NightBreaker delivers a ground breaking 90% more light on the road for optimum visibility and safety, and has a light output that is 10% whiter and more natural for minimal glare and optimum comfort whilst driving.

- Up to 90% more light.

- 10% whiter light.

- Silver cap design looks stylish when unlit.

- Fully approved and road legal for road use in the UK and Europe.

- UV coated bulbs, safe to use with plastic headlamps.

• 2 weeks later...
Still having trouble replacing these sidelights! why are the sidelight bulbs in such a diffacult place! has any 1 got any other tips??

I had to use some pliers to get them out of my Mk1 - looks like they haven't improved the design any! :rolleyes: Just take car to grip the lamp holder and not the wiring... :doh:

Use long nose pliers with 90 degree tips to grip the bulb holder and extract.

Got this job to do on mine.

My headlights were aiming too low as well. Asked an independent garage to see to this which they did for free as they'd not seen a Mk2 Furby before and were interested.

• 11 months later...

Ive tried doing this and just cant get hold of the back of the bulb holder. Its a rediculous design.

Any more tips?

I have thought about drilling a hole in the side of the plastic casing, enough to get flat blde screwdriver in to prise it off. Then cover the hole with some ducktape.

What do you think?

Hi all,

Please check the solution I proposed here:

http://briskoda.net/roomster/how-change-sidelights-fabia-ii-roomster/119450/

I hope it helps!

Sorry....Tried this..They wont budge.

I think I may try this:

I have thought about drilling a hole in the side of the plastic casing, enough to get a flat blade screwdriver in, to prise it off. Then cover the hole with some tape.

What do you think?

Hi Chris, too bad. Mine were also brand new and hard to remove but it worked.

Did you find similar testclips as the ones shown in my post? They are quite small and have the perfect shape for this job (1cm width & 8cm length).

Once in place they have a good grip on the light connector. You can pull firmly without risking any damage to your car. Note that the position of the small handles on the connector is crucial to make it work.

Tell me which problem you encounter exactly, I will try to help you further.

Does the testclip slip off the connector when you pull it or you just can't move it? If so, have you tried to pull your testclip out with pliers?

I wouldn't try the method you describe :rotz: but rather advise you to check with your garage.

They won't charge you much for replacing sidelights.

Good luck and don't give up!

Edited by vincentvdl