Octy 1 central locking problem

Noticed on Friday that the central locking has stopped working on my o/s/r door. Took the panel off on Saturday and checked the power supply to the connector and it appears to be okay, so I am assuming that the actuator is goosed.

Anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas :confused::confused:

(Just tried the trick of removing the fuse for a few seconds, but it still does not work !!)

Same here didn't have any water problems and it all started out with one thing not working the developed from there it was a strange carry on i checked all fuses and un plugged the wiring harness from the ccu to see if any water had got in all looked fine then a few months later the problem got worse so i did the same again and the fuses had blown and the ccu had water damage so i replaced the wiring harness in the door and cleaned the conectors on the ccu unit and it worked again but at first it didn't look like that was the problem maybe worth a look for the 30 mins it would take rules it out anyway - good luck with it

Hi Phillipe,

I was also having the similar problem, which is when the sun is shining on to my drivers door, the central locking for it is loosing all power. I also had a bad lock which was a barrel and cylinder, but this one is now fixed.

I am not having time as yet to look for my problem, but so you may find this link useful:-http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=666727

There is to be always found some problems with these central locking on drivers door, on this forum.

I hope that this will be help for your problem.

Soviet:thumbup:

Cheers dudes..it is the rear door that is the problem, and power is getting through, which is what makes me think that it is the actual lock/catch mechanism on the door !!!

Had both driver's side door panels off today, and pulled the relevant (I think) connectors apart, but all seems ok. No corrosion, no water, it all looks like new in there !!!

Also checked for broken wires inside the rubber connectors in the door pillars, but again all looks ok.

Help !!