I bid farewell to the vRS

As some of you may remember i never really got to grips with my fabia, it's a nice car and i love how the power is so useable but it doesn't bring country roads to life though for me, so finally i've decided to change cars.

Next weekend i should be collecting my 182 trophy :D

Library images:

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg

I'm so excited!

Edited by AlexR

Nah i didn't expect it to be, it's not the straight line performance that disappoints though it's just how it drives, to be fair a fabia does weigh 200+kg more than a clio and it's based on a VAG chassis so it was never going to be the sharpest tool in the box.

instead of modifying it to improve, i've bought something that is good straight out of the box!

What kind of MPG will you be getting with that ? :o) More like 30 ?

Oh never mind, carry on as you were, you must have more money for fuel that me !

Nice car - hot hatch etc. Im sure you will enjoy bombing about in it.

However I must say in its defence, the vRS is not meant to be all about that and the nice side of it is getting 50 (ok more like 65!) mpg all day round :o)

Have fun with your new toy

What kind of MPG will you be getting with that ? :o) More like 30 ?

Oh never mind, carry on as you were, you must have more money for fuel that me !

Have fun with your new toy

you dont buy performance cars for their mpg figures you buy to enjoy it

I have been driving my vRS very carefully, my trip 1 is around 63mpg usually, and i'd be disappointed if i didn't get over 60 on trip 2 every journey but i realistically am only getting 45-48mpg measuring it. And diesel costs more than petrol. I should be getting 35mpg if not more driving as carefully as i do in the vRS, works out i'll spend £500-700 a year extra on fuel, but that's the price of enjoyment. Why spend £2k a year on fuel and be bored when you can spend a bit more and enjoy the time spent driving. Plus i'm young so i don't look or feel right in a 5 door "german" diesel car...

Edit: I've owned 6 or so french cars, so i know what i'm in for. I will take a lot of care of it.

Don't like French 'family' cars but the performance set-up is a whole new experience. I agree you don't consider mpg when you want some real fun. Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy.

i owned a v6 clio never let me down once,you can get good or bad whatever make you buy

very true my mate went from a mk2 clio v6 to a

tt 240 and has already had 6k of warrently work done on it :eek: and the clio never had any bother with

nice car though....they are a bit rarer than the standard 182's aswell :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..!!

had a clio for 13 months.

worst buy of my life.!!

i got it at 60,000 miles, it broke at 100,000 miles.

i spent so much on it keeping it running, there wasnt much i didnt replace on it.

i would never buy another french car again.

I got my fabia at 10,000 miles.

Expect it to go to atleast 150,000 miles.

its now at 22,000 miles... all i have changed is the oil and pollen filter.

AMAZING CAR.!

Prefer my fabia hands down.

But if you like your new car, and new MPG.

then great.!

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed Dave, i would quite like to pop along in my saxo, no track abuse for the trophy. See you there possibly :)

Still waiting for letter back from skoda finance to say it's cleared so not been able to do the swap, my palms and right foot are itching ;)

Indeed Dave, i would quite like to pop along in my saxo, no track abuse for the trophy. See you there possibly :)

Still waiting for letter back from skoda finance to say it's cleared so not been able to do the swap, my palms and right foot are itching ;)

won't be there mate :( thought I would but will be on holiday!