Servicing a 6 year old 12,000mile 1.4 tdi pd

I have a (dare I mention it on here) a early model of the latest generation MK5? 1.4 tdi pd Polo that is 6 years old with a genuine (I bought it new) 12,000 miles on the clock. Since the 3 year warranty ran out it has had because of the low mileage a limited amount of main dealer servicing. I myself have changed the engine oil and filters once a year since the warranty ran out. The cambelt was change after 4 years (approx. 9000 miles) and it has had 2 brake fluid changes both by the main dealer during its lifetime. As you can see this car is not used much, it is kept in a garage but if not used for a while, it is taken out at least once a fortnight for a run to get the engine properly warmed up. One thing that has not being done since its 2nd year/20,000 mile service 4 years ago is the gearbox has not had the oil level checked I am presuming this is OK because there are no oil leak drops on the garage floor. I would help me if someone could tell me where the plug is to check the gearbox oil level.

I think the main servicing items for a car of this age and milage have been done but I would appreciate it for any advice on what I should do or what I should keep my eye on in the future.

Thanks

Edited by alankearn

Not sure which generation Polo you mean, a late MK4 or an early MK 5? I had 2001 Mk4 with that engine, and the gearbox filler was on the front of the gearbox and needed a large allen key (can't remember size). The drain was same size but on the bottom. I used a funnel with a long tube attached, mounted it between the rad and block, and pushed it into the filler hole, filled up the 'box slowly until it spilt out of the filler. Never needed more than a very small amount, even after 6 years/60,000 miles.

Not sure which generation Polo you mean, a late MK4 or an early MK 5? I had 2001 Mk4 with that engine, and the gearbox filler was on the front of the gearbox and needed a large allen key (can't remember size). The drain was same size but on the bottom. I used a funnel with a long tube attached, mounted it between the rad and block, and pushed it into the filler hole, filled up the 'box slowly until it spilt out of the filler. Never needed more than a very small amount, even after 6 years/60,000 miles.

Must be the early MK 5 with the two round headlights, one large one small it was bought new June 2002 The first model of the latest generation is it the N9, If needed which oil for the gearbox please.

Edited by alankearn

my god. :) I do 12k in around 4 or 5 months depending on social events. :D

Sounds like the car has been reliable. Might be worth just finding a decent mechanic who can check all the levels of everything, and give it the once over for peace of mind. Are you on the original set of tyres? After 6 years, they might be deteriorating even though they have lots of tread.