Hi there

Rock god

I'm new to the group. I drive a Y Reg Fabia 1.9SDi estate. Had it from new and it's been a fantastic little car. However, recently I've been plagued by what I can only describe as a bouncing rev counter on start-up with engine sounding if it's going to conk out. Engine hesitates on acceleration from start up. Once you've got up to the desired speed it seems to behave, but should you drop the speed and accelerate it starts stuttering. This can be overcome by either putting your foot down harder (causing a plume of smoke) or by blipping the clutch whilst your foot is still on the accelerator. This problem is intermittent; some days it's there, some days it's not. When it does come back, it does it with a vengeance and to be honest it both embarassing and a pain in the ar*e.

It's been regularly serviced and I've only done 77K. I mentioned the problem on the last service, but they couldn't find anything on the diagnostic monitor, yet they agreed there was a problem with acceleration and stuttering.

I'm mechanically minded - are there any solutions anyone can come up with that I can remedy myself, rather than going to the expense of a mechanic?

Cheers

Rock god

:eek:

Edited by Rock god