People with Koni FSD's...

Hello,

Finished fitted my FSD's yesterday so went off for a spin to try them out.

Car has the following products already fitted:

Eibach Springs

Whiteline RARB

Cupra Console Bushes

Powerflex ARB & Wishbone bushes

SEAT Upper front Strutbrace

Apart from the Koni's I also fitted some 215 40 17 tyres allround onto my Octavia VRS rims that I used to have 205 40 17 rubber on.

Oh and i've not yet had the alignment done (will do later this week)

My question is as follows:

At higher speeds, the rear feels a lot more lively than it did with standard shocks... have you guys with FSD's noticed this? I haven't yet played about with tyre pressures or the RARB (currently set to medium) due to waiting for the alignment first. I just wanted to know if this was a trait of the shocks??? Im thinking it could just be a result of having a slighty higher profile tyre now but am not sure. Or have you guys felt the rear to be just as planted after fitting the shocks?

Cheers,

Neil

The FSD's do have a slightly 'floaty' quality I've found, but I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me. The effect was lessened by putting the Eibachs on. The flip side is how they soak up ruts at motorway speeds :)

Hmm.. good word "Floaty" thats exactly how im finding them. Glad its not just mine then. Sounds like i'll have to play about with tyre pressures and RARB settings a bit then. Just been for a spin now the alignments done and its quite strange at higher speeds. Back doesn't feel as stable as it used to be...

I drove with FSDs for ages, and with Eibach springs. They were massively better than the Eibach dampers I had before that.

The damping is different but you get used to it for sure, roughly had the same things on the car for the rest, and reasonably high tyre pressures suited the vRS well :)