Intercooler Sensor Issues??

Can someone please tell me what the sensor on top of the Intercooler is ?

I recently fitted a Jabba FMIC and since then I have been experiencing various issues

- Increased Boost reading on my gauge - Over 1 Bar an unmapped car

- Flat spots on acceleration in 3rd, 4th and 5th (Turbo is at full boost but car loses its power)

- Increased noise when turbo spooling in high gears especially at flat spots (Sounds like boost leak)

-Slow response when lifting off and then re-accelerating whilst on boost

Do these symptoms sound like a N75 issue or could they be related to the sensor on the intercooler (Pressure sensor?) as this was not in the best condition (although I cleaned it with contact cleaner before fitting it).

Your help would be greatly appreciated..... I am going to go Bold shortly with all the hair I am pulling out!

Megs

I DIY fitted my FMIC and had some minor flat spots when it was first done.

I double checked that I'd fitted everything as I should and in the end tried turning the sensor around by 180 degrees.

Made all the difference so might be worth giving it a go!?

The wiring on my sensor now sticks out towards the passenger side of the car if that makes sense....HTH

It's probably down to the fact that your Jabba FMIC is too big for the car ;)

When I had mine I was getting quite a lot of lag and that was with the car mapped.

I have since fitted the smaller ABD FMIC and it's much better suited to MY car with the mods I have(Even a little more boost now)

If you are thinking of going bigger turbo then yes the Jabba FMIC will work well.

On a standard car.............. :rubchin: