Drivers electric window problem.. Help......

Its a bit of an odd one this.......

This morning, drove to work and had window down with no problems or nasty noises etc. (my rear driver side window buggered up last year so I am aware of what the warning noises are) and when I pulled up at work and went to put the window up......nothing.....

It stayed in the down position and I had to get clear plastic sheeting to cover up the open window.

Went out at lunch time, turned ignition on, pulled on button to put window up and hey presto.... it went up.

Got home this evening, pushed switch to let window down and nothing again..... no noises, nowt.....

I can't hear any untoward noises so was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or could suggest what the problem may be ?

If it is a case of taking the drivers door trim, does anyone have a link to photos detailing the operation ? -- By the way, I have looked thru the threads and can't see anything similar. Cheers lads !!!!:thumbup: Just thought..... don't know if it is related, but the previous night before this occured, I had sprayed WD40 into the door catch and on the door hinges. ????

Edited by wayoot99

never had to look at the switches, a quick fiddle with a multimeter should help..... or find someone else with an Octy and "borrow" their switches :-)

When the window fails to close with the switch, you could try locking the car with the key (in the door lock, rather than remote) and keeping the key held - that should roll up all the windows and shut the sunroof.

Why not try cleaning the switches?

The window switches on the drivers door are a printed circuit board with a conductive silicon like skin with raised areas where the switches and buttons apply pressure and complete the circuit if that makes sense.

I took mine apart this week and cleaned the contacts on the board and restored my one touch up/down which hadn't worked for years.

Once the entire handle/switches is removed from the door card (simple pop of with screwdriver jobbie) there are 3 phillips screws holding the switchboard to handle.

Once off there are 7 further torx screws which are T7 size to remove to open the switch board. HTH