vRS Prices

DekHog

At long last, I've got around to actually sourcing myself a vRS, and have been looking everywhere, but the pricing leaves me a bit puzzled?

E.g. Both Parkers & Wisebuyer value a 2005 standard car with no extras/mods, 30k, and a private seller, at between £6300 and £7000. Most sellers are looking for at least £7500 for the same thing, which is basically a retail price.

Any thoughts on 'true' value of the vehicle above?

its only really worth what someone will pay.

the vRS is a good choice currently when you take into account

economy, performance and road tax costs.

hunt around and you will get a bargain but many sellers are trying to keep prices high.

There have been a number of threads from the other side of the equation lately, along the lines of "I've only been offered £XXXX trade-in when Parker's says it's worth £YYYY". It seems the listed values are a little on the optimistic side, TBH which means sellers are pricing higher than the cars are worth. I suggest keeping tabs on one or more 'targets', seeing how long they don't sell for, and then stepping in with a more sensible offer... :thumbup:

At long last, I've got around to actually sourcing myself a vRS, and have been looking everywhere, but the pricing leaves me a bit puzzled?

E.g. Both Parkers & Wisebuyer value a 2005 standard car with no extras/mods, 30k, and a private seller, at between £6300 and £7000. Most sellers are looking for at least £7500 for the same thing, which is basically a retail price.

Any thoughts on 'true' value of the vehicle above?

Yeah same here spent months looking, all seem over priced at the moment, no idea why; until I found mine 06 Plate 42K miles £6400, Great condition :rofl:

(after a mild amount of bartering)

i will be selling my 06 vrs soon, will be asking the dealer if they want it as cant be asssed with the hassle of a private sale again.

i paid £9700 for it (had about 19k miles) and expect to lose at least £1500-£2k from that to sell it, but as company car is imminent i dont need 2!