vrs - whats behind the bumper?

cainey

My vrs is in the bodyshop after a sweet old lady reversed into it! :mad:. The body shop rang me yesterday to say it was done so I went to get it, it was a disgrace, paint runs, overspray, laquer over non flatted paint etc etc. Needless to say they still have it - the strangest thing that had appeared was a lump in the front bumper, as if it had been poked from behind, the picture shows the approximate position, not my car!, any ideas what has caused it, I'm guessing its where it was hung in a warm room to dry?, or there is some sort of support behind this spot that the bumper has been pushed onto?

I think the structural bumper, behind the plastic one, is lower

cheers

cainey

dimple.jpg

IMG%5D

That spot is more or less the end of the bumper crash bar. If you took a big knock on that end it's more than likely going to have pushed the bumper hard on to that bit of metal. I would say a new bumper is the only way forward really.

I found a really old pic of mine to show what I mean. I even highlighted it in green smooth hammerite for you ;)

DSCN9147.jpg