Replacing a brake hose

Chrispy

had a look at doing this yesterday on my car.

11mm banjo Bolt on the caliper looks easy enough but how do you get the other end off that's bolted to the wheel arch?

Looks like some kind of clip holding it on in addition to the bolt from the main brake line.

Anyone ever had one of these off?

The chassis end of the hose should be 'keyed' to the holder on the chassis so all you should need to do is carefully (right size spanner is important) undo the union on the brake line, the other part is a spring tensioner. Obviously you are going to lose some fluid and introduce some air into the system but if you are quick and make sure the resoviour doesn't empty you should be ok to top up and bleed as normal afterwards.

before you start undoing anything, First make sure the bleed nipple opens!!! Shouldnt be a problem but if you cant open it you cant go any futher! Secondly before you undo the bango bolt or loosen the brake pipe jam nsum sort of bar between the drivers seat and brake pedal (so the brake pedal is pressed) Then when you undo the pipe you will only loose the fluid in the flexi and not empty the brake line supplying it. Once you have changed your pipe you will need to bleed the air out through the caliper

The chassis end of the hose should be 'keyed' to the holder on the chassis so all you should need to do is carefully (right size spanner is important) undo the union on the brake line, the other part is a spring tensioner. Obviously you are going to lose some fluid and introduce some air into the system but if you are quick and make sure the resoviour doesn't empty you should be ok to top up and bleed as normal afterwards.

Ahhh I see. I was looking for how the bracket came away from the wheel arch as I couldn't see how else to get it off. :o

So undo the 11mm bolt from the line and twist the hose for it to come out from that bracket. Coolies. :thumbup:

Thanks Stu, much appreciated.

Chris.